Thread: Opera 12 steals control of mouse and sound

Opera 12 steals control of mouse and sound

I have just updated to Opera 12 on my computer and I think that it has started giving me some problems that I am experiencing for the first time. Whenever I play any video or audio on my new Opera 12, no sound comes out of it. It is like I am using a muted version of Opera 12 on my computer. I have checked all my sound drivers and have updated them. Every other application is giving proper sound. If I install the old version of Opera 12 again, then it plays video and audio properly. Why is this happening, can someone tell me if there is any way to solve it?

Re: Opera 12 steals control of mouse and sound

I am too facing this problem and there are few more problems that I am having with my Opera 12. Not just sound is not being played, but also the mouse gestures are not working in the Opera 12 installed in my computer. Whenever I try to enable the mouse gesture to scroll on the page, the interface for mouse gesture appears, but they don’t work. They just stick in the middle of the screen and that’s it.

I have tried some three different mouse of three different brands including a remote once, but problem exists in all of them. So it seems that problem is not related to hardware in anyway. Also the settings don’t get saved many times. I change the preferences and next time when I start Opera 12 again, the settings are gone. Still can’t understand why it is happening.

You can try out the Release Candidate 4 patch for your Opera 12. It will solve many problems that are seen in Opera 12 by many people. You can download it from here and install it in your computer. Many websites which allowed the images to be dragged and dropped to upload wouldn’t work properly. For example, imgur or Google images were the websites that were having problems. Many times Opera 12 used to crash when performing the drag and drop action. This was because of some minor problem with the XMLHttpRequestUpload command. Also the speed dial page used to crash the page many times. These all problems are solved by this Release Candidate 4 patch for Opera 12.

Other problems that are solved by the release candidate 4 patch in Opera 12 is to fix the problem of blank bookmarks. Whenever visiting some website or web page, if you clicked on Bookmark star, a blank bookmark with no link or any other details would be created. The Foxit PDF plug-in that was needed to read certain document on internet, would not work in Opera 12.

Also many times, if one dragged some txt based URL by selecting and drag-drop method would lead to crash of Opera 12. If multiple files are dragged and dropped for upload using Opera 12, then only the first file used to get uploaded. These all problems have been rectified in Release Candidate 4 for Opera 12