Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to install Opera Mini 7 on Samsung java phone

Technology & Internet

Old 24-07-2012

Unable to install Opera Mini 7 on Samsung java phone

I am having a Samsung Corby Pro and when I am trying to install then it says “unable to connect check internet setting”. I am quite sure that there is nothing wrong with the internet browser as other things are working fine without any issues. As far as I am aware Opera Mini is supported by my phone and that’s the reason I am not able to make out what exactly is the issue going on. I have tried installing Opera Mini several times but no avail I am still getting the same error message every time. What might be wrong? Is there anyone who can help me out installing Opera successfully??

Old 24-07-2012

Re: Unable to install Opera Mini 7 on Samsung java phone

Yes the phone seems to support Opera Mini 7 but I don’t know why you are getting that error message. I have been using Opera Mini 7 in my Samsung corby and I never faced any error as such. If you are quite sure there is nothing wrong with the internet setting then talk to you isp and check out what they have to say about the same.

I don’t think that there might be anything wrong with Opera but there is something wrong at your end.
Old 25-07-2012

Have you tried installing some other version of opera?? I mean you can try out installing some other say lower version of opera and see if you are able to install it successfully or not. If you get the same error message with lower version of opera then better get UC browser, it is the best browser for Samsung java phones. I don’t think there might be anything else that you will be able to try out further for installing opera.
Old 25-07-2012

I have been facing the same issue with Samsung corby, even I am welcomed with the same error message every time while installing opera. I don’t know why it says “unable to connect check internet setting” when everything else is working fine. I mean I am having uc browser as well and I did not had any issues with it. I have tried uninstalling uc browser and reinstalling it but I did not get the same error message there. The installation got completed successfully; I don’t think that your phone and mine are supported completely by opera even though they have added our phone in their compatibility list. Currently I am using uc browser and it is working great but I will like to know if anyone finds a solution for this issue with opera.
Old 25-07-2012

I am not sure whether this will make any difference but if you want then contact your isp and ask them to send internet setting again. Just install the new internet setting and see if you are getting any luck with it. If not then you can install some other browser of your desire.

As far as the compatibility is concerned both Samsung corby and Samsung Corby Pro is supported by Opera Mini 7. I have even come across people using the same, so that does not seem to be the issue.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , ,