Thread: Will you disable chrome as default browser in Nexus 7

Will you disable chrome as default browser in Nexus 7

Is there anyone who is using Nexus 7 with Google Chrome as a default browser? I am sure you must be having a hard time using this browser in your tablet. I am very much clear with the drawbacks of Nexus 7 tablet and really once it is delivered to me I would definitely try to improve and get rid of all the features that are going to be a pain for me. The most targeted feature is going to be its default browser. It is a real pain for me. I have tried this browser in my other tablets and found it too worst. What do you guys think about it? Does this browser deserve to be as a default browser of Nexus 7?

Re: Will you disable chrome as default browser in Nexus 7

I was not sure about it. If I would have known that Google Chrome has been set as the default browser in this tablet then I wouldn’t have ordered it. Now I am really worried. You won’t believe, Google Chrome is the only browser that I hate the most. In fact in my windows computer system and another Samsung Galaxy android tablet I didn’t kept chrome installed in them. I have disabled and removed them from the machines. I ordered my Google Nexus 7 last week after reading its review and specifications but nowhere I found that this tablet does have Chrome as a built in browser. I guess I didn’t read the specifications proper (a big mistake done by me).

Anyways, let the tablet come at my place. Once it is delivered the first thing I would do is disable the browser. but is it really possible to disable the default browser?

I am not sure but I guess it should be possible to disable the default browser. I have already made my mind set that after the delivery I will change my default browser to dolphin HD. This browser is really great, at least in comparison to Google Chrome. Already dolphin HD browser has been declared as a compatible browser for Android and iOS operating system so I am sure that Android’s latest update Jelly Bean is going to support it well in Nexus 7. The best feature of this browser is its tabbed browsing which is a curse in Google Chrome.

Exactly tabbed browsing is the only major issue that I have noticed in Google Chrome. I still didn’t get what exactly happens whenever we try to open or navigate through a new tab or an already existing tab. in my case whenever I used Chrome the tabs behaves weirdly. Mostly what happens whenever I click on another tab suddenly the page becomes white and nothing appears on it for next few seconds. Then after few seconds again I am dropped at the previous page without opening the tab which I was actually trying to open. This is really disgusting.

Also I have noticed that the browser sometimes crashes automatically. Even now I am posting with Firefox (not using Chrome at all).

Let me tell you guys something. The problems that you people are stating nowhere seem to be a browser issue. I am sure it is either you system issue or it is your ISP problem but not the browser issue. Are you sure that the problem does not occurs with other browsers. If other browsers work smoothly then I think it’s your system issue.

The reason I am being so confident is because I never found any trouble while accessing Chrome in my Galaxy Nexus and Xoom. It actually works great in them. And for your kind information let me tell you that both my tablets are Android based tablets and still the browser is doing well.

I didn’t find any negative remarks for Nexus 7 with respect to the web browser. Chrome as the default browser seems to be doing great in this tablet. In fact at one place I also read that the Google Chrome as the default browser is a great though and Android should continue doing so. Look to be frank I can’t go against Chrome as I never faced any problem with it. People prefer Chrome as a default browser in Android device because both android and Chrome belongs to the same developers and therefore it’s obvious that the makers of both of them would have considered the compatibility factor while developing the OS and the browser. Anyways, I am not the one who is going to disable the default browser, neither am going to download or install any other browser into my Nexus 7 tablet. The tablet is great and so is its default browser.

That’s a clever reply. I would agree with your thought but I won’t follow you as exactly as you are planning to do. I mean to say that i will surely keep chrome as the default browser but also I will download other browser just for testing purpose. I really wanted to see how exactly other browser work on Jelly bean 4.1 android update. I have already ordered one Nexus 7 for me and very much excited to get it and test it with all the factors that I have kept in my mind. Testing other alternative browser are one of them and the first browser that I am going to test is Dolphin HD.

If I like any browser more than Chrome then surely I will switch to that browser without keeping any second thought.