Thread: Safari Freezed on desktop, not able to quit

Safari Freezed on desktop, not able to quit

This is the first time ever i saw such thing with any of the browsers. Since couple of months am using Safari due to some reason as my default web browser on my windows 7 system. Actually am forced to use it coz of a plug-in required for my professional purpose. It worked great until now but since yesterday dont know what happened to it and my safari got angry . Suddenly it freezed and also freezed my entire system. It wont allow me to quit the browser, also dint allow me use Taskmanager so that i can quit it by killing the process.

So i thought to restart the system but my Windows key was also not working. So i hit the restart key on my cabinet but that was also not able to restart the system. It was really surprising for me. The only way left for me was to witch off the system by unplugging it from the electricity board. now it already happened with me thrice since yesterday. Dont know what kind of problem is this. Is there anyone to help me out in this ?

Re: Safari Freezed on desktop, not able to quit

Thats really surprising but as i was searching to help you out, i found many such discussions on Google. Seems like the problem is very well known around the globe. But seems like the problem was only with the Mac users. You are the first i guess faced the same on Windows. Anyways, as a work around (as you said its been thrice till now) why don’t you uninstall and re-install it again? Try doing the same and see if it works. Also i'll recommend you to remove other plugins that you won’t require. Only run Safari with that particular plug-in you discussed above.

Quote Originally Posted by Calverta View Post
    So i thought to restart the system but my Windows key was also not working. So i hit the restart key on my cabinet but that was also not able to restart the system. It was really surprising for me. The only way left for me was to witch off the system by unplugging it from the electricity board. Now it already happened with me thrice since yesterday. Don’t know what kind of problem is this. Is there anyone to help me out in this ?
    Did you tried hard boot ? I mean pressing and holding the power on/off button for about 15 seconds. Did you try this and this dint worked? Also are you sure it is happening due to safari only? If yes than you should report this problem to apple because it is a major problem and also better switch to some another browser.

I have been through the same problem earlier but in my case it was my Snow Leopard system. And the solution for the same was pretty simple. We just need to click on the Force Quit from the Apple menu and the problem gets solved. but i dont think there is any such way to do in Windows apart from Task manager but as you said you were unable to do that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Steinbach View Post
    Did you tried hard boot ? I mean pressing and holding the power on/off button for about 15 seconds. Did you try this and this dint worked? Also are you sure it is happening due to safari only? If yes than you should report this problem to apple because it is a major problem and also better switch to some another browser.
    Yes, I tried hard boot as well but that too was unresponsive. And I don’t know how to report this to Apple. Also it is not so necessary. I’ll better try to re-install. Hope it get fixed. I just have 2 more days to complete my project and so I need to use to for 2 more days. Later I’ll switch back to my old browser, Firefox 4. But I really appreciate you guy’s helps. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Steinbach View Post
    I have been through the same problem earlier but in my case it was my Snow Leopard system. And the solution for the same was pretty simple. We just need to click on the Force Quit from the Apple menu and the problem gets solved. but i dont think there is any such way to do in Windows apart from Task manager but as you said you were unable to do that as well.
    Thanks for the info friend. Even am getting stuck with my Safari 5x on my mac os. Browser completely gets freeze and wont even allows me to hit the Apple menu. So how can I get the Force Close option ? Is there any other way to do the same ? Please help.

Yes, there is another way. If your keyboard keys are working fine, you can also force quit application by clicking Command + Option + ESC keys. Once you are in the application, select safari then click force quit. Restart the system and you are done.