Thread: Which browser is good for reading pdf files online?

Which browser is good for reading pdf files online?

What could be the best browser according to you for loading and reading PDF files on internet. I have recently bought a new system at my home and I am currently running windows 7 into it. The computer system is well configured and has the ability to support every possible software that is meant for it. The only place where I am stuck is with the browser. By default I already have a Internet Explorer 7 installed into it but now I need to get such a browser that would be compatible for reading the online PDF files. Anyone has any suggestion to give regarding the best browser for reading PDF files?

Re: Which browser is good for reading pdf files online?

My friends I think you have very least knowledge regarding the computer world. If you need to open up and read PDF files without getting any trouble then you will have to go in search of such software that would read your pdf files online. Yes, for viewing and reading the PDF files a person needs pdf reader software.

And once PDF reader software comes into picture then nothing would come in my mind other than Adobe Acrobat Reader. Do not download or install any web browser into your computer instead download Acrobat Reader from internet and install it. You might get this software from the official site of Adobe.

Yes even I think that web browser really doesn’t really matter so much. Even I have a windows 7 system installed into my computer system but I must say one thing, Internet Explorer is not at a good browser. I am not commenting with regards to reading PDF files or something, it’s a general opinion. IE version are really very much poor with browser. Even if you install any good plugin or software for reading the PDF file you might get a bitter experience with Internet Explorer. It would be much better if you download Google Chrome. As I said even I have windows 7 running in my computer but I am not running its default browser instead I downloaded Google Chrome and installed it. Now I am getting no problem with anything. The pdf files loads and also I am able to read them perfectly without any trouble. I must say one thing, the combination of Acrobat reader and Google Chrome is great.

You CAN view PDF files in your browser, however you DO need a PDF reader. I think this is what you are referring to.

So, DON'T download Adobe. Try Foxit Reader, it is a better PDF reader alternative in that it is lighter and it doesn't have to update as often, which can become annoying.

You can download it from the Foxit Software site, just search 'foxit reader.'

Click on the 'Free Foxit Reader Download' in the bottom right corner of the orange banner at the top of the page. Just go with the standard installation, you can choose whether or not to include their PDF creator toolbar (I never do, I hate toolbars other than the bookmarks toolbar) and make sure the box to view pdf documents in the browser is checked as well.

I also recommend a utility called CCleaner...try it out. Search for 'ccleaner' and go to the Piriform site.

When you download CCleaner, you can also choose to download Google Chrome (web browser) at the same time. Chrome is arguably the best web browser out there right now, with Mozilla Firefox right behind it.

Enjoy!

I wouldn’t agree if anybody says that the browser is not important for the pdf file to open successfully in a computer system. As far as I know browser is something which mostly plays the important role in opening the pdf files. You may face several problems while accessing a PDF file if there following problems purely with the browsers:

• The PDF file may not open if your Internet Explorer browser is of 64 bit version
    • If the adobe PDF browser plugin is not configured with the web browser then the pdf files may not open up
    • Overall, your web browser does play a huge role in reading a pdf files. But no specific browser is necessary for the pdf reading purpose unless your browser has a good sync with adobe. Almost all browsers are compatible enough to work with adobe.

There is no specific browser meant for adobe but still if you ask people about the best one then obviously people will specify at least one as according to their choice.

I would suggest you to choose Firefox or Internet Explorer 8 if you are very much specified with accessing the online PDF files. I think PDF files works great with Firefox and IE 8. Especially with windows 7 they should definitely work great. I am running firefox in my computer from past 2 year and until now I haven’t faced any problem with reading the pdf files.

Aren’t you fed up of doing several tasks just for reading a pdf file in your computer? I know downloading a browser then installing it and then again downloading Adobe Reader, then installing it too is quite complicated and doubtful. Doubtful, whether they both will work great or not. There is no such requirement of downloading and installing any pdf reader software until you have Google Chrome installed into your machine.

Yes, you have heard it correctly. You can open and read a pdf file with just using your Gmail account or Google Docs. online documentation platform obviously from Google.

I am using this online documentation and I must say its really amazing and fantastic. I do not have Adobe Acrobat reader installing into my windows computer but still I always read the pdf files without this software and still I am able to read the pdf accurately. Reading Gmail accounts pdf mails is much easier than reading other pdf files. What you have to do is simply first E-mail the received pdf file back to your own account and then with the help of the Google Docs open the received mail by clicking on the View button.

There are several other ways from which you can easily read any pdf files without using Adobe Acrobat Reader. Below are the lists of few ways which can help you to read pdf files:

1. Zoho Viewer - this is yet another online documentation platform which is same like Google Docs
    2. PDFMENOT - this is a web application which will help you viewing the pdf files. What you have to do is simply upload the pdf document onto this application and then view them.
    3. Samurajdata - Another web application like PDFMENOT

Google Chrome is the best browser you can have if pdf is your actual concerned. First of all, if you prefer to view the pdf file online through Acrobat then Google is best recommended and if you do not prefer acrobat even then I would suggest you to stick with Google Chrome. Recently I got news that Google Chrome has been updated in such a way that you can now not just view the normal PDF files but also you can view the pdf docs which are stored on local machines. You just have to open the document on the browser but make sure that you update Chrome to get the latest features and functions including the one that I have explained here. Also Google Docs is capable of opening the storing PDF files.

Recently I updated my Chrome and then guess what? i got a pdf file online which was around 40MB, initially I thought ath I wont be able to open it into this browser but when I tried with Google Docs I was able to actually open it much faster.