Thread: how to edit or post articles in wikipedia?

how to edit or post articles in wikipedia?

i want to edit wiki articles, is this require any wikipedia premium account or free?

if i posted wrong matter in wikipedia article what will happen?

Re: how to edit or post articles in wikipedia?

I think you can edit an already edited/created page by well known article writers who write articles for wikipedia. But there is an option to create new article on wikipedia. Check out the guide that describes how to make or create articles on wikipedia from their page itself - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...ing_an_article

thanks a lot

but you have answer only one question
    other question was "if i posted wrong thing while editing, what will happen?".

Normally, if you created an article with wrong information on wikipedia, then also it will remain there unless someone else flags that same article. If it gets flaged then either it will be deleted or you will be contacted to edit it properly. However, wikipedia cant be considered as a true encyclopedia which is why it is not often framed as a legal source.

but so many collecting information from wiki

Yes, there are so many people collecting information on wikipedia, but if you will read its legal page, it may have described that information made on wikipedia could be proper or improper based on actual data. If you want then you can also try to make content on Wikipedia and check how much response you get from users/publishers.

From what I have heard is, wikipedia will get the ip information and it depends on what information that you are updating. If you are trying to update an incorrect information on a VIP page and if that affects them..then your ip will be traced by cyber crime and it was a message heard from one of my friend who try to update incorrect information.

how to edit or post articles in wikipedia?

After i edit the wiki article by clicking "save page" of edit page of wiki article,

what will happen in these two
    1. it edits wiki article immediately
    or
    2.moderator of wikipedia check that edits, if right then only my edits will be posted in wiki article

which will be done?

Whatever you update on Wikipedia the moderators verifies your content. It is first approved by them and only after it is visible. This process might take time depends on pending request. The site moderators check the article style, formatting, etc and when they approve it finally it appears. Some it takes time and if it is not appearing that it looks there is some issue with your article. You can contact Wikipedia on the below link and send your query.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Contact_us