Thread: How to use Facebook Wordpress Tool

How to use Facebook Wordpress Tool

Last month I had seen a Facebook Wordpress Tool. This is being provided by Facebook itself to make blogging more better. I need some information how to use it and how it works. Does this integrates Facebook profile to the Wordpress website. If yes then this is just like having Facebook wall on your website screen. Will it affect the design or site and how can I promote my blog via it. I have a lot more expectation from this tool. Also if possible please provide the installation procedure.

Re: How to use Facebook Wordpress Tool

Yes the tool is provided by Facebook to make your blogging more better. Facebook as one of the biggest social networking website can help you to promote your content over the web. It is nice to find that Facebook has integrated tool for Wordpress. I had not seen this kind of integration with other cms. First of all the tool does not modifies your site design. When it is integrated you can see a Like and Send button above your article. You have make blogs as you are making. Once you click on Send button the blog if published on your timeline.

This saves your time from opening up and sharing a link. The Facebook Tool works bit differently here. You have to create a App ID for that. App ID is used by many application on Facebook to send notification. Like when you play a game like Slingo you can see the icon listed on the left side of your profile. Whatever notification updated on Slingo is send to all people who had liked the game. In the same way you need to create your own App by which you can promote your content. Ask your friends to like the App that's all. You just need to click on send button and the new content is published.

Here is reference guide that you are looking for. Click on the below link and you can find the entire installation method. This is quiet easy to use also. I will advice you to read the instruction thoroughly before installing it.

It is not tough to install. I did that. Login to your site admin panel and search for Facebook Wordpress Tool in the plugin section. You can just find that inside. Now install that in your browser. Once done you can see Facebook icon separately listed on the left side of settings. You can click on that to configure the settings. The important part is to assign a proper app id and password so that you can directly publish content. The content is displayed on your timeline. It is quiet better to use and configure. The tool is made by Facebook and because of which you will get all kinds of options you need. There are not just send function there are many. You can make your promote your personal blog in more better way. The first step of configuration stars with Creating an App and then you need to setup it. Later on you need to provide the settings for this tool to share your content. If you are not able find that tool in Wordpress Plugin directory then I am attaching the same here. It is just 900kb attachment. Download this and then from Wordpress admin panel click on plugins > add new > upload > browse. Once the same installed you can easily configure that.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for providing the attachment. I was not able to locate that on Wordpress. There are many facebook tools already available which makes it complicated to find. Manual installation method is much easier.

I just recently configured this. I can provide you each steps involved in configuration of facebook tool for Wordpress. The first steps is Creating A App. Just type the name of your blog and app namespace the way you want. Then click on continue. The next step is App setup. This process consist of providing a Display Name, Namespace, App domain, Category, Site URL and mobile url if any. Once done click on save changes. That's all it is configured now. When you add a blog or write new content you can see the send like button on top. You can simply post that directly on your timeline.

This is one of the best way to promote your website on facebook. I hope there should be some similar kind of tool also available for Twitter and Google plus. Or a integrated platform for all this three websites. Once created content can directly go in every site making it easy to share by others.

It is a great tool. You can simply share your work instantly. There is no manual process involved here and for cms like wordpress it became more comfortable to use.

The tool provided by Facebook is quiet different from other. Other mostly provide you to sync your content manually. But this a bit more than that. You might have not seen, but when you configure this plugin you get an insight tool also. This insight tool helps you to find the content stats. Number of users visit or shared your content, etc. Kind of nice addon for webmasters. So if you have your personal blog or if you want to configure your site, I will recommend you to have this tool on your website. It is easy to activate and deactivate on your choice. This is one of the most simplest thing yet found. Facebook can help you to reach a millions of users worldwide. And above all this application is entirely free. You do not need to worry about the other integration stuff. It works quiet nicely.

The insight will be helpful. You can inside your admin panel can find out what is going with your content stats. I hope there will be more better future improvements in coming time and we can expect for more social networking platform integration.

I like the tool because there are certain things that cannot be found in others like there is an SEO support provided by which you can manage your content more properly, not on wordpress but on the timeline. Along with this you can add names of your freind and pages that you have on facebook. When you send the content it also goes to those pages. All options inside this tool can be customized.

leonvictor2012 Guest

Here I share information to easily integrate Facebook social plug-in to your WordPress blog or site with simple template functions. Check below link: wordpress.org/extend/plugins/facebook-tools/