Thread: Google Analytics for Android Phone. How it works ?

Google Analytics for Android Phone. How it works ?

Google Analytics is available for Android. I accidently saw this app. I never thought that Google will provide such kind of app for android also. So that simply means we can check our website details on our tablet or mobile phone. Is this worth to use. Does the interface has same all stuff that you find in the desktop version. Because surely Google has trim this app to fix on a small screen. What about the data output. Are there any major changes in ths mobile app compared to the full version. Thanks.

Re: Google Analytics for Android Phone. How it works ?

It is quiet similar. You must test that once on your phone or tablet before going on any conclusion. Good for those who manages multiple domains can easily view their site info on phone screen. You can simply check real time statistics on your phone and customize the dashboard also. It is free and easy to configure. One thing that creates a issue is the screen size. It is not favorable for mobile phones. Because it became a bit complicated to find information on your screen. You have to zoom in to read the graphs or get the list of files. There is no adsense integration.

The app might be in the early stage of developed and the upcoming version will be more better. There are more similar apps available on Google Play which works similar to this. But what matters is accuracy of data provided to you. It is good to find such app on android platform. Because in future you can hope for a much better version with more integration. You stay away from restriction of accessing your desktop to find important updates about your website.

It works fine. I can say you can get basic information very easily. But still if you need to work in detail desktop is far more comfortable. The app is small and needs more features to be added.

I appreciate Google's initiative. If you manage some domains then you can understand the need of this app. Tablets are common today. You get easy wifi, 3g or mobile hotspot anywhere. You can manage your work more easily even when you are on holiday. With this application you can simply collection information about your domain stats. Compared to other app you can choose this because I might not recommend to access those information on third party applications. Also it is wrong to say that this app lacks features. There are many offered already. You have to check then one by one. I will not say that all of them are provided. The current version has some limitation. You can instantly have a look on your website traffic, you can check your keyword stats, etc. The app also provides you a chart view here you can see other information quickly. This is enough cool to take any decision instantly. With a simple user interface with tap and swipe you can manage your updates.

I will test that once. Because I do not think that it can help you to collect data easily for different number of domains that you have on your phone. It is just for getting summary for current updates

It is better if you test that once. Because the app contains all those feature which a portable analytic tool must have. You can manage multiple websites on it, you check the current updates, your visitor details, etc. It is quiet good to keep a track on your day to day website traffic. It allows you real time feed of your current visitor online. That means you can scan your topic and find which thing is popular. You have a dashboard on your screen that helps you to check unique visitor and find the goal conversion rate. It is possible to customize the dashboard as per your need. You can add up segments that you want to see and remove those which are not needed. Also there are options by which you can customize the alerts in the applications. This is quiet nice. You get notified instantly on some changes. This is a good effort by Google to give such feature on android phones. And on tablet this will be more comfortable to use. I hope Google will add more stuff in coming time and make it more featured. Overall it is a nice application which every webmaster must have.

I had tested this and found it nice. I just need to keep a eye on active visitors and it displays it properly. I just need to tap and I can collect that information quiet easily. The app itself gives you a exact summary of your current traffic.

There are many features. Yes there are limitation but still this app is more helpful. You can find out Unique Visitors, Transactions, Unique Events, Cost per goal conversion, visitors and sessions, adwords, page tracking, events tracking, site search, goal, extra on that very easily. With single tap the information is listed on your screen. What more you expect. There are certain screenshot of this application Google Play that you must look. Other than this I had worked on analytic, Droid Analytic and Simple Analytic Widget.

Compare to them I prefer to keep my data on Google App. I would hope for more better interface. Google should work a bit more on improving the chart things. Also there are some important features which are missing in this application. But the app is quiet good for quick reference. The updates delivered are quiet correct.

The one thing that everyone will face issue is with login. When you configure the android phone for the first time it ask you the email account. That account is what used by this app. I had faced this issue because there were no domain showed with the old account. To change it I have to remove and add a new account.

In my views I would not recommend to get those updates on a phone using a third party application. Analytic has some data which cannot be shared with others. It is concerned with the webmaster only. If by mistake the phone goes in other hand they can easily access all the information. The sign-in process is initiated by your account that is in the phone.

So if the phone has different account and your analytic is on different then using this app became difficult. Second thing if you have some bigger sites your data is too sensitive. It is better if you keep a separate system for this works and use it only when needed. The app is good for those who work on low scale. Better do not go for other third party app also.