Thread: Looking for some useful Safari extension on Windows Vista

Looking for some useful Safari extension on Windows Vista

I had switched to Safari. The browser has a very clean and nice interface with some eye popping effects. Especially the arrange of speed dial and history files. I am using Windows Vista. Before Safari I was using Firefox. I had added some add-ons to the browser like a facebook plugin, a video downloader, screenshot, etc. But the browser starting giving out issue as the usage increases. It freezes a lot. In place of Firefox, Safari is one of the best alternative.

So I need some similar extension that I can use here. I am bit confuse with different plugins. I need some plugins that can work smoothly and do not freeze the browser. Many are using Safari and they might having good experience in that. Can anyone guide me on the same. My system is Windows Vista with 1GB ram and Intel Dual Core processor. Thanks

Re: Looking for some useful Safari extension on Windows Vista

It is common that whenever you load your browser with many plugins it started freezing. I notice the same in Google Chrome. On startup it gave up a error to kill pages. I hope they might develop some better browser which is affected with this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh^ini View Post
    So I need some similar extension that I can use here. I am bit confuse with different plugins. I need some plugins that can work smoothly and do not freeze the browser. Many are using Safari and they might having good experience in that. Can anyone guide me on the same. My system is Windows Vista with 1GB ram and Intel Dual Core processor. Thanks
    I have a small list of extension that can be used for your purpose. This are something which I am using. And it includes screenshot plugin also. Safari is quiet nice in my views. It is being years I am using it. I recommend you not to add unwanted plugins on your browser. This would make it more poor in performance. If you have a twitter and facebook account then there are two plugins that you can try out. The first is for Twitter. It is a light twitter app that can help you to get easy updates and tweet with few clicks. The extension helps you to get real time feeds on the browser itself. So you do not need to entire the site and login to get information. You can simply use this app to get updates.

The second is similar Facebook app. It is called as Better Facebook. This app helps you to organize the way you work on this famous social networking website. You can see your comments, you post on wall, etc and do lot more thing. As a additional benefit you go for Facebook Photo Zoom. This app helps you to zoom the fb photos. It is nice to read photo comments which are posted usually. Along with there is another app which is associated with Facebook called as Facebook Cleaner. This app helps you to to remove unnecessary elements from screen. Like ads or any other stuff that you do not like to see. I keep this three add-on on configured on my web browser which makes it easier to use.

But one thing that I worry about using all those extension is privacy settings. Windows Vista does not has any kind of inbuilt application that can block your confidential login information. You need a good antivirus for that. And what if many people are using the same. You must use those extension on your personal computer only. Do not share such stuff on office systems.

That does not matters. I have some of those apps on my browser. I had kept separated users accounts for people. I do not allow them to login on my account. By the way it is recommend that you must not use this on pc which is shared by others. There are number of fools who will play with your confidential information and it does not matter to them. Instead of using different apps for different social networking websites you can go for a app called as SocialPlus. This app gives more and single platform to configure your favorite site. The reason to like this app is, that it provides me option to configure my facbook page. I can add skin, change emotions and do multiple stuff to enhance my facebook work. And the screenshot app that you were talking about is called as Awesome Screenshot. This app is found in Firefox also. It is one of the best app according to me for capturing a web page. But this does not work for desktop application. If you visit on this site - extensions.apple.com at the first page you can see most popular safari extensions. Choose the best one from this that you want to use. Do not go for any additional. Adding more apps will make your browser slower. Because each of them consume a nice amount of resource to load.

The website that is mentioned above has a column on the left side. It is called as Social Networking. Click on that and you can see list of applications. You can use any of them to enhance your social networking experience.

If you worry about the privacy or security then there are some numbers of applications that you can check. The first one is Cookie Stumbler for Safari. This app provides you protection against tracking Cookies. It helps to enhance your browsing experience. Another thing that you can install on your browser is Do Not Track Plus. This application helps you to avoid those unnecessary ads on your screen. If know your surfing is being tracked by many companies so that they can serve you ads related to stuff you are trying to find on web. This apps simply block all of them. There are two different apps made for Facebook and Twitter. The first one is called s Facebook Disconnect and Twitter Disconnect.

These two apps are recommended to use because they block access to any third party application which access your system via this websites. There is another unique app that is simply ignored by many. It is called as trafficlight. This extenstion is quiet recommended for those who worry about browsing security. This app gives you indication on your screen whether to visit or not to visit that site. This helps you to stay away from phishing sites or malware infections.

Have a look on the list of some of the most popular safari exenstion. They are good and secure. You choose any of them as per your need.
    • AdBlock
    • Twitter for Safari
    • Better Facebook
    • GMail Counter
    • Awesome Screenshot
    • Facebook Cleaner
    • Duplicate Tab Button
    • SafariRestore
    • Cookie Stumbler for Safari
    • Facebook Disconnect
    • Google Disconnect
    • Twitter Disconnect
    • YSlow
    • JavaScript Blocker

If you are concern about the security settings then there are some stuff that you can do. Safari comes with number of configuration that can help you to make your browser more secure. It does not matter if Vista has any application for that. You can download and good internet security package from web and install that first. Later on Safari provides you a basic configuration where you can make your browser more better. The settings are located on the home screen. There are option like Anti-phishing, Private Browsing, JavaScript and Cookies. Under Anti-Phishing when enabled Safari will not allow any sites which are termed as threat. This is recommended to turned on always. If you are carrying any banking transaction on internet this settings are always recommended. The second is private browsing. Private browsing does not maintain any record. Also it wipes all information instantly as you exit your browser. Private browsing help to block the websites which track you. Cookies as you know are small files on your system when you visit any site can be the cause of threat. You can keep this off if you need better protection.

It looks that safari comes with ample of settings. But still a third party security is recommended. As it is risky if some of those apps that you are using might have a vulnerability. Apple site provides thousands of extenstion but does all of them are secure. This is a common story for every kind of web browser on web. Many people get affected due to certain third party addons. That is reason you must keep a good internet security package. It might protect your system to some extent.