Thread: Internet connections is not working after installing NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 460

Internet connections is not working after installing NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 460

Today I have installed NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 460 in my system, I have installed the latest driver for it as well. Since then I don’t know what went wrong with the internet connection it is just not working. I was not having this issue before and things were working fine as well, it all started after installing GTX 460. I just wanted to know can there be something wrong with GTX 460?? Any suggestion?

Re: Internet connections is not working after installing NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 460

I really don’t think that there should be any issue as such, I wanted to know if you have checked out in the device manager to find out if there is any missing driver? If not then just check it out and make sure that there is no yellow exclamation mark for the driver under NIC. If it’s there than you will have to reinstall the driver, since you have installed the driver for your video card you might be familiar with the process. Just check it out and let me know what you get for further help.

Re: Internet connections is not working after installing NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 460

Even I don’t think installing a video card should affect the internet connection but I had a doubt because the connection was lost after installing the driver for the video card. I have contacted the isp and they have said there is nothing wrong from their end. I have checked out the device manage and no missing driver is appearing there. I have tried reinstalling driver for NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 460 as well as for the network adapter but that’s not making any difference. Is there anything else that I can try out further for getting the internet connection working?? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Your issue appears to be quite weird, I have not yet come across one facing such issues. Anyways I think you should try out clearing the cmos and check out if that’s helping. The best method for doing the same is by taking out the battery from the board. So just unplug your system from power, take out the battery, wait for some time and reseat the battery, power it up and turn on the system. If that does not help then you can try updating or flashing the bios, for updating the bios you just have to download.exe file from your system manufacturer's Website, close all the programs, run the .exe. You can update the bios by creating bootable disk or using a floppy disk. You just have to copy the files to them and boot off of it to update the BIOS. Just give it a try and post back the result you get.

After your suggestion I have tried clearing the cmos but taking out the battery but it did not helped. I have updated the bios as well using floppy drive but no avail. Just to cross check I have tested out the video card in other working machine and I am not having any issue there. Everything is working fine in other pc, so now I am quite sure there is nothing wrong with the video card but I am not able to make out the cause of this issue. Will reinstalling windows help?? I am really running out of ideas now and want to get the internet working as soon as possible. Is there any other effective solution that I can try out??

You seem to have tried out all the possible solution by now and since they are not making any difference in your case you can very well try out reinstalling windows. As far as I can guess I think that there might be something wrong with the NIC Adapter of the board probably a hardware fault. So if reinstalling windows is not helping you out then better get your board checked. I don’t think there is anything else that you will be able to try out further. Best of luck.

I think you were right, I have now reinstalled the windows and have installed all the drivers for the system as well. Unfortunately I have not got any help from it and the internet connection is still not working. I have taken out the board and have inspected the NIC Adapter of the board, cannot suspect any hardware issue with it. I just wanted to know what might have caused it to turn faulty?? I mean everything was working fine before installing the card?? How can it turn faulty in matter of some minutes? I am quite sure that I have not caused any damage to it while installing NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 460 on board. I was very careful doing, I will get the board checked tomorrow but I will like to know if there are any guesses for the reason behind NIC Adapter turning faulty after installing NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 460??? Thanks in advance.