Thread: How Facebook Find Friends Nearby Work

How Facebook Find Friends Nearby Work

What is Facebook Find Friends Nearby app. I got a notification on mobile about this new feature. According to the notification it will help me to track nearby friends. It looks like some kind of gps thing. I am bit confused how this actually work. I hope this is not paid. And also what kind of notifications appears on the screen when friends are on the nearby location.

Re: How Facebook Find Friends Nearby Work

It is something new by Facebook which helps you to target friends location. There is a specific limit. When your friends are in that limit the notification can be seen in the app. The app only works when all are logged in. This is already available for android and ios devices. The link that is used for accessing the apps is fb.com/ffn. Type this in your mobile phone and add your login information. There will be a tab on the right side below profile pic. A separate tabs appear. I tried to check this on my pc but it does not showed up any information or notification. I think this works only for mobile phones. I am not sure to what extent this can be helpful but for new people to make new friends will be more live. This time there are chances that you can meet people personally. It looks like simple chat box which shows the number of friends listed. To access that you will need to enter menu and then click on apps. Once done click on Find friends and then go to other tools. In that you can see Find Friends Nearby app. Click on the same to check the list.

I had tested this. It is not at all good. It takes time to show you notification and sometime the mobile Facebook app became slower. It is better to use some kind of gps app for the same.

It actually lacks good interface. Sometime it takes lot of time to find the location of your friends. When you click on Find Friends nearby from Other tools inside App the screen keeps on loading up. A small name list is generated. There are also people who are not in your friend list. It list up all facebook users. You can tap and send a friend request. In such way you can make up more friends and meet them personally also. The app only works for those who had enable this feature in their profile. It looks a bit comfortable to use, but the question arises that really you will like to meet a stranger. People says that it is good to build up business contacts. I am not sure till what extent this can work in better way. I do not like the interface and sometime it takes a long time to display list. Some of them are normally useless. It is good for colleges and office premises where people are common interest can meet and interact with each other.

Facebook must create a app for that. An app that can provide the location of people around you with a chat box. Instead of adding them up we must have some features by which we can directly chat with each other.

There is lot of works needed to be done for the improvement of this app. It looks quiet dull in my views. You can test that on your own. But if take this as point of privacy then this is irritating. Facebook must give some app that can help use to make random friends. I had tested this app and found nothing good in this. It looks like some third party apps working to locate nearby strangers. Almost there are millions of people who are using Facebook and I am sure there will be people nearby. I would not like to add people who I do not know privacy point of view this apps looks quiet useless. I think Facebook must make more enhancement with this.

I am quiet fed with Facebook. I loose my interest the day they introduce timelines. It makes me more uncomfortable to use. The features that you are discussing is good for business people. They can interact and contact with each others.

There are many similar apps on Facebook. Some of them are simply cheat. I had tested a app recently called as Friend Locator. The application can provide us location of our friends through Google maps. The apps was useless. Second the one mentioned above. It comes under the Apps list. The app shows that it can locate nearby friends when are in 2mile range. The notification appears on the screen after a few minutes of time interval. I am not sure till what extent it can give the exact information. I am also confused that whether it provides information on all types of users or only for those who are using it. The glimpse that I saw showed a map and popups on the screen related to notification of users who sign in through their mobile phone.

I will ignore such apps. My profile is almost loaded with tons of games and apps. It makes your wall filled with unwanted notification. This is not a proper friend located.

For me facebook friend finder is more than enough. I think it is cool. Yet there is no good app made on facebook to provide you better friend finder support. All just work like spams. I had tested a number of apps keeps on popping useless notifications. There are some interesting things that you can test. Like Social Map. It just gives the location of your different fiends around the world. One more is my friends map. This types of apps just provide you the location, they do not help to add nearby friends.