Thread: Very small Favicons in Opera 12 Tab Bar

Very small Favicons in Opera 12 Tab Bar

Couple of hours ago, i upgraded my Opera 10 directly to Opera 12 (after getting irritated by the regular update popups). Well, i liked few things in this new update but few very annoying as well. The company where am working have many websites that i need to open simultaneously including many clients websites as well. Now the problem am facing with Opera 12, is if open 50 to 60 websites together it is not showing the favicons that makes me recognize the sites without clicking on them. Some times its hows but in very small size. It was not in the earlier versions. Is there any way to fix this or to increase the favicons's size ?

Re: Very small Favicons in Opera 12 Tab Bar

Me too exactly with the same problem. You said that you can even see favicons in small size but in my cases there is NO favicons at all.

See this:

It only appears upto 25 to 30 tabs, not more than that. Opera 12 is really very frustrating. Somebody please tell opera to fix all these things as soon as possible or people will either revert to earlier versions or will switch to other browsers.

Well, Opera has just tried to make some changes for improvement but it resulted in frustration for you guys. I mean, if you guys are talking about Opera 10 or 11, you might have noticed that that once you opened 40 to 50 the Favicons were showing up instead of 'X' close button. But they have now changed it to default cross button and that too appears only when you click on particular tab. Anyways, its good for fee guys like me, but bad for like you. Unfortunately there is no way to fix this problem unless opera make some changes from their end or until they release some upgraded versions

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    Well, Opera has just tried to make some changes for improvement but it resulted in frustration for you guys. I mean, if you guys are talking about Opera 10 or 11, you might have noticed that that once you opened 40 to 50 the Favicons were showing up instead of 'X' close button. But they have now changed it to default cross button and that too appears only when you click on particular tab.
    Well thanks for the info mate, but it seems like i have no choice instead of switching to Firefox or opera 11 again. Because whenever i try clicking (switching) on any tab, it gets clicked on the 'X' button and the tab gets closed. All these stuffs are very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Blake's View Post
    Well thanks for the info mate, but it seems like i have no choice instead of switching to Firefox or opera 11 again. Because whenever i try clicking (switching) on any tab, it gets clicked on the 'X' button and the tab gets closed. All these stuffs are very annoying.
    Well we have solution for the same dude. You can simply remove the 'X' button from the tabs that will prevent you from closing them accidentally. Once you do this, you can make your tabs close by double clicking on them. In order to do this, just follow few simple steps:

• Click on 'Tools', 'Preferences'. (You can also press Ctrl + F12).
    • Now go to 'Advance Tab', Click on 'Additional Tab Options'
    • Here Uncheck 'Show Close button' and Check mark the box for 'Double-Click to Close Tab'.

Thats it. You are done.

For more info on the said problem, check this discussion:
    Tab Icons invisible in Opera 12 when multiple Tabs opened