Thread: Gmail connection is fine in Opera 12 x32 bit but insecure in x64 bit

Gmail connection is fine in Opera 12 x32 bit but insecure in x64 bit

Hi friends, two days ago I downloaded and installed Opera 12 in my system. Let me tell you that I installed both x32 bit and x64 bit but never knew that both will show up such a drastic difference in my system. Both downloading and installation went smoothly also the browser opens up comfortably but the problem I face is only during the time of accessing my Gmail account. Whenever I try to open up Gmail in Opera 12 it says that the Gmail connection is insecure due to which it ask me for applying security measures. Once the request is granted it tries to get the security measures but however badly fails.

Note, the problem is only with Opera 12 x32 bit and not with x64 bit. With x64 bit version everything seems to be working fine. The Gmail opens safe with no such security message. It says that the connection to Gmail is secure and then proceeds with the further activities.

Re: Gmail connection is fine in Opera 12 x32 bit but insecure in x64 bit

There might be something wrong within your own system and not with the opera 12. So better you make sure that you check if there is anything that malfunction your system. I have heard certain people complaining about opera 12 RC3 x86 not functioning properly with opening up Gmail.

Is there any extension that you are using in your system? Sometimes what happens is an extension without our knowledge mess up with the security level of a connection. Try to get rid of that extension or even if you check and let me know whether you have any extension, I can help you out with the further steps.

As far as I know my connection is totally secure, it’s just Opera 12 RC3 that is totally contradicting the security. However I am really not sure about the fact so can’t be confident with every statement. In my case sometimes even x64 version shows up a insecure connection but it only happens whenever I try to open up a mail that contains an external picture, other than this rest all mails opens clearly without any issue. The most irritating thing is that opera 12 x64 version throws the error in such a manner that my total connection is insecure. The message says “the Server tried to get the security measures but failed”. Anyways I have tired RC4 and guess what it worked well without any trouble.

Let me explain you the issue. Your connection is no where a issue, I am sure it’s a opera problem. If someone is sending you a mail with an external image and if you receive such email into your account then its just that external image or you can say that element is actually not properly handled with security. Instead of opera saying that the complete connection is not secure it would have told you that there is an insecure element or elements existing that’s it and not to blame the entire connection. There is a huge difference between both sayings.

Opera has come up with certain rules and regulation with their latest version Opera 12. According to them if you try to open any page in Opera browser and if there is even a single element that is insecure then Opera assumes the entire page as insecure. If the complete page is successfully loaded under a secure connection then that page is said to be a secure. This rule is thoroughly meant for the benefit of the Opera users. Do not take it in a wrong spirit; such things can help you to keep your account safe and sound.

For your kind information let me tell you that even a small element in a email can prove to be dangerous for your private account. Suppose if you are receiving an email and if there is an external resource like image or an icon attacted with the email does not take it lightly. This external image may have the capability of extracting your information and sending back to the sender. So therefore examining each and every element of the emails that you receive is very much helpful. Just to keep your account and data safe Opera has come up with such an email client that the external resources are never loaded or allowed to appear with passing the security level also the default loading of those external resource are restricted in Opera 12.