Thread: Tab Icons invisible in Opera 12 when multiple Tabs opened

Tab Icons invisible in Opera 12 when multiple Tabs opened

I use Opera as my default browser since long years. Couple of days ago i got an update pop up on Opera 11. I simply updated and got Opera 12 installed on my system. I got some new features with this version such as huge number of extensions, customizable themes, etc... every thing is fine but am facing problem while working with Tabs.

In my work i need to open multiple tabs at once. But since i updated it to Opera 12, if i open about 20 to 25 tabs simultaneously, the tab icons completely disappears. I mean it is just impossible to click on any particular tab. If i try to click any tab, it simply gets closed because there is on 'x' sign that can be clicked.

Is this just me or all users facing the problem ? And if just me, is there any way or kind of settings that i need to make in order to fix it ?

Re: Tab Icons invisible in Opera 12 when multiple Tabs opened

I guess there would be some problem in your installation or the setup file. because am using the same Opera 12 (build 1467) and i dint faced any such tab problem. As you can see in the image below, there are more than 50 tabs opened but still i can click on any tab, move any tab, or do anything else.

So, in order to fix it, simply uninstall Opera, download new setup and install it again. It should work.

Thanks for the info and screenshot Maq.H. But there is problem with Opera 12. Including me and the above user, there are many more users facing the same problem. If we compare the same 50 tabs of opera 12 with v11, there is much difference in both. Even i was facing problems moving or clicking tabs, hence i uninstalled Opera 12, deleted its folders and did a fresh Opera 11 installation. Am happy with v11.

You are correct buddy. Opera 11 was indeed good for browsing but if you need extension, plug-ins, customizable themes, or any new features, you will need to upgrade it to Opera 12 or stay with v11 if you use it for effective browsing. In case you feel to upgrade v12 and wanna get rid of Tabs problems than simply increase the tabs height. It will be easier to access the tabs. Just check this image:

You can do this by hovering the mouse just above the address bar and pulling it down.