Thread: Unable to remove menubar in Opera 12

Unable to remove menubar in Opera 12

Is there really any way to remove menubar from this latest version of Opera 12? Seems like for most of the machines including Linux it has become quite difficult to hide menubar all the way. Actually I do not face any problem while removing the menubar, in fact I am able to remove it easily but the problem arise when I still get the Opera Next button. I am unable to hide this button completely. Tried every single option but didn’t get any appropriate solution in order to get rid of the thing.

Actually I cant even take any help from my other friends as right now I am the only one downloaded and installed Opera 12 and rest everyone else are still running the previous version of Opera in which it is very much possible to hide the menubar completely. Can anyone out here help me with hiding the Opera Next button? Might be I will have to do something in about:config or at some other location.

Re: Unable to remove menubar in Opera 12

I don’t know what exactly you tried to get rid of the menubar but however trying out my steps will surely do the trick as this one always helps me out with hiding and showing up the other bars. Firstly, at the tab bar (anywhere) hit the right click button, now you get certain option select Customize then Appearance. Now in appearance you can find certain tabs, amongst those tabs click on Toolbar Tab. As soon as you enter the Toolbar Tab you will notice a yellow colored outline is appeared around your buttons. However you need not have to do anything with that yellow outline instead in the Toolbar Tab you will find an option called as Placement appearing with a long drop down list. Do not select anything thing just rather turn off the placement by selection the option called Turn Off. Now I you won’t find any menu bar appearing on your screen and also the opera next button will be disappeared completely.

Re: Unable to remove menubar in Opera 12

I think there is a bug in Opera 12 because in my case how much ever I try to hide the bar it reappears again after I reopen opera or tries to open a new window. I never have a habit of keeping any toolbar on the window; always prefer to keep the screen clean allowing only the webpage to display completely. This was always possible in other older version but with the latest version the toolbar doesn’t seems to be working well.

Anyways still I have one more suggestion left to try out, actually it’s not a suggestion rather it’s a temporary workaround. If any user like me prefers to work only with the webpage and do not want anything to appear on the screen other than only the webpage then you can follow the instruction. I found it on Opera official forum site. Open Opera then press F11, now enjoy accessing only the webpage on your screen displayed as a full screen with no available or additional toolbars. You can simply make the use of the shortcut keys if in case you need to access any buttons or options from the toolbar. I know everyone is well aware of this option but no one must have thought of trying it. Anyways try it, I will also try the same and post back the result.