Thread: Opera 12 constant 502 Bad Gateway Error

Opera 12 constant 502 Bad Gateway Error

After going through a thread based on Opera 12 upgrade I installed. I have a 1mbps internet network. The upgrade was fine and there were no issue. I really like the customization features this browser showed me. It was cool to have those new themes. On https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions when I click on multiple add-ons under Speed Dial or other, I am getting 502 bad gateway error. This happens very frequently. But when I open and add one plugin at a time this does not appear. Does this means opera is quiet slow in adding multiple add-ons. I am using Google Chrome also. Where on Chrome Web store you have to click on a app and a message appear to install. This was similar on Opera. You get a popup box to add. Sometime when I click on Add to Opera button, it does not respond. My internet connection is good so I can conclude that issue lies with Opera 12. Does any faces that. Is there any fix for it.

Re: Opera 12 constant 502 Bad Gateway Error

You are actually taking this in wrong way. Opera is a good browser and new version means more powerful security features. Every browser when upgraded comes with more enhanced features. The bugs which you face before or reported are removed. I had upgraded to Opera 12 and nothing found any serious issue with it. I run around 10 tabs at a time. That works smoothly. New Opera gives you option to add themes. This themes are very light. Compared to that I agree with you that Firefox hangs like hell. I had added around 5 to 6 themes and some plugins. It really irritated me a lot. The new update basically provides you options to modify the appearance of browser. So here you can get rid of the same old look and get more better window. It is correct that if you overload the browser with heavy plugins it will surely work lower. I will recommend you to choose the best option that you will love to see on it. I had added theme which changes the entire browser background. The speedail is more smoother in response. Leaving the customization feature behind you can assume to have more good security fix here. Opera is not just a good browser for customization but there are some addons and game support too installed. Also I heard that there are some apps for opera with which you can use web camera. Also there is more improvement is html5 and css. So here you can view more rich sites.

I notice the same. The browser does not freezes but it just behave like a zombie. Does nothing when click on Add To Opera box. Why this happens. It looks there is lot of sever load. It is not responding very quickly. I am sure this is not a pc issue. I like the feature speedail where you can add small widgets. Those widgets flash new updates. I just added Yahoo Top Songs, Facebook Preview, National Geographic Photo of the Day, oClock, The Weather, Amazon Bestsellers and Deals, etc. I had also added Live news feed. I right click on them and open in new tab and keep then adding up frequently. At that time some are installed while some does not show up anything and in the end the error appears saying 503 bad gateway. Does Opera is still testing this out. It is quiet not worth as it is very frustrating. Also it is very slow. I hope Opera can work faster on this and fix this out. I just found a news on this forums which showed that Firefox will also have a Marketplace where you can get new apps. But that was bit different. Those app will have a shortcut on your desktop and startmenu. Like how you install new software's.

I did not find that issue. But sometime the bad gateway error appeared. After watching your image I checked in my history and found similar results. I think opera needs to fix this.

The error might be due to server load. Or they might be working on it. Yet I had tried to find solution for this on opera forums, but there is nothing listed. This looks a bit issue. I am sure this is not related to the browser security. Because last time I had gone through a article which was discussing on 502 Bad Gateway error. That shows that it occurs constantly because of some DDoS attack. I am sure this not so serious here. There is no question yet posted on that on opera forums. Kindly help me also.