Thread: On safari unable to compose messages in yahoo

On safari unable to compose messages in yahoo

I am having a weird issue with my system running on mac os 10.6.8. While using safari browser I am not able to compose messages in yahoo
    . I don’t know what’s wrong, I was thinking that there might be some issue with the yahoo but later when I tried using other browsers then it was working fine and I was not having any issues such there. The issue seems to be just with safari, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out with it as well??

Re: On safari unable to compose messages in yahoo

Your issue is really weird, anyways I just want you to try out the below things first:
    • Try clearing the cache and history of safari browser
    • If that does not help then try uninstalling and reinstalling browser
    • Try installing the latest safari browser

Just try out the same and let me know if anyone of them is helping you out. If you are getting any error message than mention it in your next post so that I can have a better idea if the issue you are facing.

I have tried clearing the cache and history but it is not making any difference in my case. I am not able to try out reinstalling safari browser as well. I mean when I am trying to download the latest safari browser which is Safari 5.1.5 then I am getting and error message saying "Safari can't be installed on this disk. This update requires Mac OS X 10.6.7.” now I cant upgrade the os just for the browser. Is there anything else that I can try out? I am not getting any error to find out the cause of the same. Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

If you want then you can try restoring safari browser to default settings.
    • First Open Safari and click on Safari in your Safari menu and Choose “Reset Safari” option from the drop-down menu.
    • When you click on the same then you will get a warning dialog box, so just click on button on the dialog for starting the Resetting process. When you are done with the same then browser will now restart automatically.

Just try out this and let me know if it is making any difference in your case.

I am not sure if this will work or not but you can try out switching Rich Text to Plain Text. There are possibilities that you might have installed some program that is interfering with Yahoo! Mail Rich Text toolbar.
    • Just Sign in to your Yahoo! Mail account and click on Compose and try starting a new email and click on the Plain Text link which will be at the far right of the "Subject" line. So just click on the same Compose and email.
    • If you want then you can make it as your default when replying or forwarding as well and for that you need to carry out the below steps:
    • Sign in to your Yahoo! And Click on Options> Mail Options and select General.
    • After that check mark “When replying & forwarding Mark original message with > (plain text only).” Box and click on Save Changes and you are done.

I have checked out for the same and have come across some other workaround as well, just try out the below ones and see if you are having any luck with it.
    1. Switch to Yahoo Mail Classic.
    2. Disable the plugins that you might be having for your safari browser.
    3. Disable antivirus program that you might be having as there are possibilities that it might be interfering some where.