Thread: After installing windows 8 consumer preview, I didn’t get Internet Explorer 10

After installing windows 8 consumer preview, I didn’t get Internet Explorer 10

Hello friends I have a small problem with my new Windows 8 Consumer preview system. I downloaded and installed the OS successfully without any problem but I am not able to find Internet Explorer 10. I checked the entire list of programs but i only got Internet Explorer 9.

Can anyone let me know what can be the problem? And what should I do to get Internet Explorer 10.

Re: After installing windows 8 consumer preview, I didn’t get Internet Explorer 10

What I think is when you start the browser it will flash but then it won’t get open. That means you have not set Internet Explorer 10 as your default browser. And because of which this problem is happening. So first you will have to set Internet Explorer as Default browser so that it will work properly for you.

Re: After installing windows 8 consumer preview, I didn’t get Internet Explorer 10

Quote Originally Posted by Rhesa View Post
    What I think is when you start the browser it will flash but then it won’t get open. That means you have not set Internet Explorer 10 as your default browser. And because of which this problem is happening. So first you will have to set Internet Explorer as Default browser so that it will work properly for you.
    Actually you are right I am using Mozilla Firefox and it is the default web browser in my computer. Thank you for letting me know. But can you please give me the steps though which i can make Internet Explorer 10 as the Default browser ?

• You need to type "Default Program" from Start screen and choose the application filter.
    • Then select the Default Programs.
    • After that click on Set your Default Programs.
    • Then Select Internet Explorer as default from the list.
    • Select “Set this program as default” and click OK.
    • Then you need to close “Set Default Programs”.

This will set your Internet Explorer 10 as the default Browser.