Thread: Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview will support add-ins and toolbars

Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview will support add-ins and toolbars

I have a question to ask? I have not used Windows 8 yet but planning to install it but before doing that I would like to know something about add-ins and toolbar. Will they work with new Internet Explorer 10 Release preview? And if they not work on IE 10 then is there any solution to make them work ? Please help.

Re: Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview will support add-ins and toolbars

Well you can download and install Add-ins when you are running in Desktop mode. Am talking about add-ins such as Java, Silverlight, etc. But am not sure about the Metro IE. Also as far as i know Internet Explorer 10 comes with in-built Flash Player so you don’t have to download it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suprakash View Post
    Well you can download and install Add-ins when you are running in Desktop mode. Am talking about add-ins such as Java, Silverlight, etc. But am not sure about the Metro IE. Also as far as i know Internet Explorer 10 comes with in-built Flash Player so you don’t have to download it.
    So you mean to say that it does not work in Metro Mode. And if so, do you think that they will add all the features for Metro mode in standard mode. So is there any kind of thing where we can create a link which allows us to switch to Desktop mode when clicked without jumbling around with Metro mode.

I agree with you about the clickable link while you are in Metro mode to switch directly to Desktop mode without messing around with the Start screen. If they cannot provide it directly I think they can give some kind of setting or some kind of access to users. And as you have mentioned that you use Java and JRE the most, I would say as java is the number one language or base for all the games and software so each and everyone needs it the most.

Well as one user have mentioned above that Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview has in built flash support for playing video. Here I would like to add one more point. As if you try and install Add-ins and toolbars in Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview and try to use that in your browser it will ask you to install it again and though after installing it again it won’t work.