Thread: Homepage is automatically changing to findamo search in Firefox 12

Homepage is automatically changing to findamo search in Firefox 12

Come on friends, someone help me out. I am really fed up of this issue. As I have already mentioned in the title, I am facing a huge problem even with the simple homepage settings. I tried my best to change the homepage to yahoo but don’t know for what reason it gets automatically changed to Findamo which I never even used in my life. In fact you wont believe after I saw this search engine as a homepage on my firefox browser I simple did a google search to know about this browser. Overall I just want to say that this browser is something about which I am not even well aware of.

Let me explain everything clearly, firstly after I updated my firefox to firefox 12 from the Tools option I went to General and then over there in the default homepage text I typed the name of Yahoo and kept it as the default one, made all the necessary changes and saved everything. Then after closing and restarting the browser I found that instead of yahoo I was getting findamo.com as the homepage which was very much annoying. Trust me friends, I consulted almost everyone I know who are expert with browsing and the browser settings and everyone suggested me to change the default homepage from the General setting that I already knew (which didn’t work at all). Other than this existing option I tried a lot to get a way for deleting this homepage but failed all the time. Is there anything that I could do to get rid of this unwanted search engine?

Another important I would like to tell is that this problem never arrived with any of the previous version of firefox (I am a firefox user from past five years and never had this problem). But suddenly after upgrading to firefox 12 I found such useless search engines set as default without my knowledge. Anyone have any trick or idea to delete this search engine from my browser. Please help me out and let me know should I do.

Re: Homepage is automatically changing to findamo search in Firefox 12

Look as you already mentioned in you post that you previously tried out changing and editing the default homepage from the General Tab of Tools option I would like to know whether you have ever tried deleting or removing the same homepage from the search option. Looking adding and changing a search engine site as a default homepage is a completely different from removing the same site. For removing the default search engine from your web browser you need to follow simple steps. Anyways if you really do want to prefer my suggestion, then follow the steps.

• First of all open your Firefox browser then search for a Search Option and click on it. You might find this option just beside the search box
    • Now from the Search option select the Search the Web or Default Search and then make sure that you click on the Remove button
    • Now click on OK or save (whatever option is available for accepting the changes) and then close the browser. Restart it again. The Default browser must be removed from your browser

Seems there’s something wrong with the system setting and not with the individual browser. The reason I am telling so is because the issue has now been started in other browsers too such as Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. I do have all different browser as my other family members prefer to access the browser that suites them the most and my personal favorite is Firefox. However firefox is the one that comes in more use than the other browsers therefore the issue was first noted down in this browser. The first time when I saw findamo as the default homepage in firefox I suddenly opened up other browser to check their setting and everything was fine over there. Both IE and Chrome were running smoothly having Yahoo as their default homepage. I kept on researching on the issue and always I use to try some of the other trick to remove and set yahoo as the default one but always failed. Even after changing from the general setting whenever I used to restart the browser, the settings used to change by itself which was quite shocking for me. However recent after I tried removing the default search following the exact similar above steps I found that nothing was changed, instead my other browser started behaving the same as Firefox. I am really frustrated and left with no idea about what should be done further. Please help me out; if not firefox then at least you can help me repairing the other browsers.

Look, I am not sure whether my suggestion would work on other browser but if you have any such problems with Google Chrome then you can easily get rid of it. I am very much sure that my procedure might help you out successfully to get away from the issue that you are facing. Just follow the steps thoroughly as I mention below.

• Open up your Chrome browser and then click on the icon that is present at the extreme top right corner side of your browser.
    • After clicking you will be presented with a number of option lists, click on Settings. Now you will be given with several settings on a separate tab
    • Search for “Add new User” and add. Then click on “Delete User” and make sure that you delete only the first user. Now click on OK and save the settings.
    • After all the changes have been made, make sure that you close the browser and reopen it and only then use it for the further purpose.

Now this should definitely work with your firefox browser, I did lot of search on internet just to get a proper solution for your problem and I am sure this solution will help you out easily without giving any further trouble.

• What you need to do is first disable the Add-ons on your browser and for doing this you will have to follow the below step
    • On Firefox click on Tools Menu, Select Add-ons. You will get add-ons window, disable the add-ons by clicking on the Disable button
    • If you are prompted to restart the browser, without worrying allow it to restart the firefox browser. Now select "Reset all user preferences to Firefox defaults"
    • Now select "Restore default search engines", after this lastly you need to select the option “Make Changes and Restart”. That’s it. Now your browser should work well without any trouble.