Thread: Firefox error "the adobe acrobat plugin has crashed"

Firefox error "the adobe acrobat plugin has crashed"

My problem is as simple as the title. While opening any of the PDF file on firefox web browser, the only thing I get is an error message which says "the adobe acrobat plugin has crashed”. Everything is cleared from my side, I mean I have kept everything from the browser to the acrobat reader updated with the latest version but even then I am getting such error message which usually comes up in other non-updated version.

The most interesting thing I have noticed is that the error message occurs only after opening the pdf file but the issue is that the file opens for a quick fraction of seconds and then suddenly it closes and gives that message. For my satisfaction I checked out the version of my Firefox browser and Adobe Acrobat reader, all are updated (firefox - 9.2.0 and Adobe reader - 10.1.2). Now I do have any idea what exactly should I do to get out of this problem. Seems like there is something silly that I causing such error which I am unable to make out. Guys please help me and let me know where exactly the problem is lying. I do not have any other browser to try out the same. Should I go for opening the pdf file on another browser? If yes, then which browser should I prefer for the testing?

Re: Firefox error "the adobe acrobat plugin has crashed"

Ok! My friend, I guess I can help you out well. I do not have much knowledge about such errors and plugins but however there is at least something left into my mind after reading out the Adobe and firefox’s official websites. Somewhere over there I leant the trick of loading the PDF files within the PDF reader without any support of the browser. By doing this you will at least get rid of the plugin. Anyways what you need to do is to open your Adobe Acrobat and then there go to Menu, then Options and then click on Applications. Now in Applications you need to make the Pdf to load exterior to the Firefox browser as I have already mentioned above. By doing this you will definitely get rid of loading the pdf files within the browser and facing any trouble with the error message. I am not sure but I think not just you will get rid of the problem but also you can easily improve the performance of your acrobat and also you can load the pdf files load faster than the usual speed.

If in case you do not find this suggestion helpful then not to worry, you can follow another opinion. If Acrobat is not your favorite reader then I guess you can switch to some other software such as Foxit pdf reader. Trust me if not Adobe then at least you can have faith in this software, Foxit is good and the best part thing is that even it has a plugin. Just download and install it into your machine and use it.

It looks like the issue lies in the latest version of the firefox. From the time I have started using firefox I never faced any trouble with anything until I updated this browser recently with the latest version (never saw the version that got installed into the machine). Adobe Acrobat Reader is the same without any upgrade or downgrade, it always worked fine. Recently from few days the problem started. Didn’t try anything yet as I am completely unaware of such software and technical repairing. Anyways I am planning to either uninstall then reinstall the Firefox web browser or I would try switching back to the previous version of the browser that I had before the upgraded version. I am sure this might solve the problem. And if this doesn’t help me at all then I have another last option left with me, I would call up the Mozilla Firefox support center and ask them to get the issue solved. I am well prepared with my list of R&Ds; will soon get back to you after I am done with everything.

You need not have to try out anything that you have listed in your so called R&D list because the prediction you have made is itself completely wrong. Let me tell you that you have caught a wrong source as the main culprit of the issue. First of all, Mozilla Firefox is nowhere the reason for your trouble. Before making a comment here you should have researched more on your issue. It’s actually your Adobe Acrobat Reader which is causing all the trouble and not your browser.

Let me explain you in details, whenever you try to open up any PDF file in firefox browser, what the browser do is calls up the Adobe plugin in order to run the Adobe application and open the pdf. Maybe in your case the plugin is not being able to run the adobe program. Now before concluding further let me tell you something about the plugin. The Adobe Plugin is nothing but a simple part of the Adobe Acrobat Reader that comes along within the software and gets installed in the windows.

Hope you got what exactly I mean to explain. Overall I just wanted to tell you that firefox is nowhere playing any role in causing you the trouble, it’s the Acrobat Reader solely responsible for everything. Do not contact the Mozilla support center or switch here and there between the upgrade and downgrade of firefox, just contact the Adobe support center and get your issue rectified over there. Hope you understood everything.

Yeah that’s correct, most probably the issue could be with the Adobe Acrobat Reader. You should definitely try what so ever is suggested to you with respect to the Adobe software. Anyways what I would like to tell you is first for the testing purpose try to open up your PDF’s local copy in a web browser. Other than this I would like to also suggest you to delete all the temporary web files that are present in your Firefox cache. Sometime what happens is this cache restricts the other files including the PDF files to open up in the browser. If you want to follow the suggestion do as below:

• Open Firefox, then at the top Menu bar click on Tools, in tools Clear Recent History. Now make sure that except for Cache you deselect everything that you can see with the checkbox.
    • If in case you aren’t able to see anything inside the box then does not panic, you will see a Details option above the box just click on it. Now surely you call see all the option, do as i instructed above.
    • After deselecting everything click on clear now option and then restart your browser. Now try to open or download the PDF that you want.

Another suggestion I would like to give you is make certain changes in the browser preferences setting of your Adobe Acrobat Reader software. For doing so follow the steps:

• As usual first open up your Acrobat Reader, now go to document window and right click over there.
    • From there select the Page Display Preferences. At the left hand side you might get a long list, select internet from there.
    • Now remember, if the option “Display PDF In Browser” is selected, deselect it. Now go to Edit then Preferences then internet and now there again select the same option i.e. “Display PDF In Browser”, Press OK and done. Now restart your browser and try to view the PDF file.