Thread: Is there any good alternative available for Live Mesh

Is there any good alternative available for Live Mesh

I am looking for some better alternative in comparison to Live Mesh. I am not annoyed with this, but the reason to skip it is rid of similar interface. From last couple of week after running Windows update I am facing a slow connectivity issue. I had tried to troubleshoot this a number of time. I have a ubuntu laptop which works fine. I tried to run Live Mesh on that via Wine but the output is very poor. So in order to avoid any work loss is there any similar app like Live Mesh which can work on Linux also. I need some more simple tool for Windows which I can carry in my usb and use it without installation. I found Live Mesh for resource incentive.

Re: Is there any good alternative available for Live Mesh

Talking about a good alternative them only one thing that comes in my mind is cloud computing. They provide you a virtual environment to perform number of stuff. For example Ubuntu One or Dropbox. One more new thing appeared recently called as Bitcasa. It offers you unlimited storage space. What you need is a easy to use interface and simple way to carry your documents. I am using Google docs and found the much more comfortable. There are wide range of programs that are available for this and there is no easy to way to figure which is the best one.

There are many alternatives. You can go for Drop box or Ubuntu one or Gmail for getting online storage space. All you need to know that they might offer you basic support based on the version you signed up. Also if you have larger files then you can use Sendspace or any file sharing website. And if you need more advance features then you can go for a vps. There are many cheap vps services on web that offer you number of features.

Live Mesh is good in my point of view and if you are going to use Windows 8 then it is inbuilt added features which works and sync your folder via Windows Live ID. Second then if you need a portable source then you go for Drop box or Ubuntu one. I am using Google drive to carry specific folder. The reason to use this service, is that you can view your files anywhere on web and update them as and when needed.