Thread: Firefox 12 starts in offline mode in OS X Lion

Firefox 12 starts in offline mode in OS X Lion

I have recently installed OS X Lion on my system and since then I don’t know why Firefox 12 starts in offline mode. I don’t know what is the issue all about is there anyone who has faced the same or has an idea about it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling firefox but it is not making any difference in my case. Any suggestions?

Re: Firefox 12 starts in offline mode in OS X Lion

I have found people facing the same but it happens when there is no proper internet connection because of which the firefox starts in offline mode. So make sure that you are having proper internet connection first, if you are sure that there is nothing wrong with the internet connection then just try setting toolkit.networkmanager.disable to true and see if it is helping. If that does not help then you can try setting network.manage-offline-status to false as well. Just try these things out and let me know if the issue is getting solved.

I don’t think that there is any internet connection issue as such, I don’t know why is it not having a working Internet connection at the time Firefox starts. I have tried setting toolkit.networkmanager.disable and network.manage-offline-status to true and false but they are not taking any effect. I also wanted to add that previously I was not having any such issues with firefox 11 and things were working fine there but now after updating to firefox when I reverted back to 11 the same issue is appearing there as well. I have checked about the same on the web and have found a number of people having similar issue but I have not yet come across an effective solution to fix this. Is there anyone who can help?? Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

Can you just check out the below things to see if it is making any difference:
    Make sure that Work offline is not checked under File on the menu
    • Go to about:config page; set value of network.manage-offline-status to false
    • Set browser.offline value to false
    • Set browser.offline-apps.notify to false.

If these things does not help then open Terminal and type /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin –p and post back the result that you get so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you with the same.

Hey guys even I have come across a number of people having this issue but most of them have solved it out by making the below changes:
    • Uncheck Work Offline box in File menu
    • Open about:config window and set the value of toolkit.networkmanager to be true.

Just let me know if you are having the same issue even after trying out this solution.