Thread: Background goes black in Opera 12

Background goes black in Opera 12

I have just installed Opera 12 in my PC which has Windows 8 consumer Preview as its operating system. After installing Opera 12, I started it and saw that the whole background was seen black in color. Even the panels like URL bar or search bar were turning into black color. The shortcut icons on the smart page would be seen. Also the Windows Panel was visible. I don’t know why it is happening, can someone tell me?

Re: Background goes black in Opera 12

It is a know issue that Hardware acceleration in Opera 12 doesn’t work properly along with the graphic drivers of Windows 8. Many people have complained about various problems including, improper working of pop-ups on various websites or many Flash application and games not running properly with Hardware Acceleration enabled. I think you have just mentioned another of the problems. Try running Opera 12 with Hardware Acceleration disabled, it might help you.

Re: Background goes black in Opera 12

You can send the screenshot of the problem to the developers of Opera 12. It would be better that you also send the details of your computer’s hardware as it would simplify developer’s analysis. The technicians at the Opera will analyze the problem and find solution. Maybe the graphic card in your computer must not be totally compatible to run Opera 12 properly.

I don’t think that there is any patch for this problem as I haven’t read or heard of people reporting this problem.