Thread: Google Chrome 18 error 'Failed to initialize graphics: software mode requires SSE2 support'

Google Chrome 18 error 'Failed to initialize graphics: software mode requires SSE2 support'

I am using HP laptop in which I have windows 7 operating system. I was using Mozilla Firefox in my laptop for playing online games and watching videos but sometime if I open multiple tabs on it at that time It works very slowly and that I have downloaded Google Chrome 18 browser and installed in my laptop. I really like this browser and it is very fast also but while opening any videos on Google chrome I get 'Failed to initialize graphics: software mode requires SSE2 support' error. I have tried to solve this problem by uninstalling the Graphic drivers from my laptop and then installing it again but after that also I am getting same error again and again. Reinstalling the Google chrome browser does not make any difference. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: Google Chrome 18 error 'Failed to initialize graphics: software mode requires SSE2 support'

Open start menu in your computer and then you have to type “CMD” in the start menu search box and press enter key. Now you will see command prompt and you need to type “chrome.exe --ignore-gpu-blacklist” in the command prompt and then press enter key again. Now after that you have to check whether you are facing same error or not? if you get same error even after trying this solution then let me know.

Re: Google Chrome 18 error 'Failed to initialize graphics: software mode requires SSE2 support'

I have also tried to try to look for the solution on internet regarding this problem and then I have come to know that this error occurred with many other users and also and there are some other users who have mentioned that problem has to be fixed from Google end and may be with the next update of the browser this problem can gets solved. In mean time you can try to solve this problem by adding “ignore-gpu-blacklist' in destination box in the properties Google chrome launch file and then click on Ok. If you need any more information then let me know.