Thread: How to put Youtube video on Flash site

How to put Youtube video on Flash site

I built a new website based on Flash. My friend also helped to build this site. Now we are testing the site on different browser. He told me an idea of adding YouTube videos on our site but both of us don’t have any idea about how to do it. What kind of plug-in we should install in order to add and play YouTube videos directly from the page. Since it is Flash site no one able to find a proper solution about how to do it. Should I contact Adobe for suggestions?

Re: How to put Youtube video on Flash site

Yes, it is possible to add YouTube videos to your flash website and for that you need to use a tiny little snippet:
    Code:
    function cont_Youtube(YTvar, depthLevel) 
    {	
         this.createEmptyMovieClip("youtubecontainer",depthLevel);
         this.youtubecontainer.loadMovie("http://www.youtube.com/v/"+YTvar);
    }
    Cont_Youtube("PXu6AKePXkQ",this.getNextHighestDepth());
    You have to simply put the YouTube internal ID and choose the depth.

I don’t think that it is possible for you to add the YouTube directly. You have to use the plug-ins instead. There could be plenty of plug-ins available to embed on your site. But it is possible to convert videos to FLV and then add it to your Flash website FLV (Flash Video) is a proprietary file format for Adobe flash player or may be for Flash sites also. The best thing about the FLV video is, it is supported by all popular browsers like IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera etc, not matter what OS you use.

There are plenty of free tools and software available to download which will allow you add Youtube video on your site. There is a free programs called Video LightBox JS will allow you to embed a video on your site by just few clicks. You don’t need to write any code or snippets to your website. It works on the principle of 3 easy steps: Add Video, Select Template and Publish. First step is adding video where you should copy the URL of YT video. Then choose a template for video and finally publish. The template will be in the form of video popup and video thumbnail. It does not use any css, html, javascript code for embedding.