Thread: Getting no Audio in Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer with Flash Player 11.2.202.229

Getting no Audio in Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer with Flash Player 11.2.202.229

I am running windows 7 in my system and the problem that I am having now is that,there is no Audio in Firefox, Chrome as well as the Internet Explorer. I am not having nay issues when I am playing music in the system and the computer's audio is working fine without any issues. The issue is just when I am playing flash videos in the mentioned browsers. The flash version in my case is 11.2.202.229, Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well?

Re: Getting no Audio in Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer with Flash Player 11.2.202.229

In that case I just wanted to know that have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the flash again and see if it is making any difference. If that does not help then try deleting all caches and see if you are having any luck. If both of them are not helping then try disabling hardware acceleration and let me know what you get.

For disabling the hardware acceleration try following the below steps:

First go to the Find Flash Player Version page. And make sure that you are in "Find Flash Player version type and capabilities (Flash developers only)", after that right click on the same and select "Settings". When you get the dialog box then just uncheck "Enable hardware acceleration" option close the dialog and restart your browser. Just try out the mentioned changes and let me know if they are making any difference in your case. Best of luck.

Re: Getting no Audio in Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer with Flash Player 11.2.202.229

By now I have tried out the following things but they have not yet helped me out and I am still having the same issue:
    1. I have tried uninstalling Flash and reinstalling it again.
    2. I have tried deleting all caches
    3. I have tried disabling the hardware acceleration
    4. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the three browsers.

I don’t know why these solutions are not helping and I am just not able to track out the cause of this issue. I also wanted to add that I have noticed when the video are getting played then some frames are running faster and they turn out to be normal after some seconds. This happens randomly but the sound is missing throughout. Is there anything else that need to be checked or is there anything else that I can try out here?? Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

For the firefox play a video that should play sound and then click on the volume icon from the Windows task bar and click on mixer and make sure that the Mozilla Firefox slider is not muted. If you still have the same issue then you can try out the below troubleshooting and see if you are getting any help from it or not.

• There are possibilities that this issue might be because of some missing plugins that might be required for audio. So just check out the same and make sure that you are having Flash plugin, Java plugin, Silverlight plugin, Windows Media Player plugin, QuickTime plugin installed. If you find any of them to be missing then try installing them. If at all the installation is getting failed then you can try installing them manually.
    • If you are having the required plugins and you don’t think that you are missing out any then Update your plugins and make sure that you are having the latest version of them.
    • If that’s not helping then check out your Internet security software like firewalls, antivirus programs, anti-spyware programs etc and make sure that they are trusting all the Plugins and not blocking any of them.
    • You can also try out disabling a conflicting plugin, there are possibilities that some installed plugin might be conflicting some embedded media from playing audio and so. So for fixing out the same go to the top of the Firefox window and click on the Firefox button and then click on the button. When you get Add-ons Manager tab then select the Plugins panel and select the plugin that needs to be tested. For disabling the plugin just click on Disable button and for re-enabling the plugin click on Enable button. If you are paying embedded QuickTime or Windows Media content then you will have to disable the VLC plugin as well.

Just go through these things and let me know if any of the mentioned tricks is helping you out. Best of luck.

I have found one mentioning that he was having same issue with the Internet Explorer when playing videos but he was able to solve it out later by resetting Internet Explorer settings. If you want then you can try out the same and see if you are having any luck with it. In order to reset the Internet Explorer settings follow the below steps:

1. First close all the Windows Explorer that might be open and then Open Internet Explorer. Now click on Tools> Internet Options> Advanced tab and click on Reset. If you want to remove the browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages along with InPrivate Filtering data then you can also select “Delete personal settings” option.

2. When you are done with these changes then click Reset in the “Reset Internet Explorer Settings” dialog box and wait till the process gets finished. When the restoring is done then click on Close and then on ok and finally close the Internet Explorer and start it again. Just make sure that you are rebooting the system after the restoring process gets finished.

You can very well try resetting the internet explorer if you are not getting audio for the videos played in the browser. If that does not help then you can check out the registry, I will like to inform you that the Flash Player actually uses the below Registry key for invoking sound in Flash. So if this is missing then you won’t be able to get sound from the Flash videos.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32
    Value name: wavemapper
    Data value: msacm32.drv
    If you are aware of working with registry then you can use K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool for restoring that registry key.I have found a number of people having this case with the internet explorer but they were able to solve it out by using K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool. Just check it out if you are having the same case if yes then you can try out what I have suggested. Hope that helps.

I was facing same issue with the Chrome previously but the below workaround had helped me out. If you want then you can try out the same and see if it is helping you as well or not.
    • Uninstall the Adobe Flash ActiveX/Plugins that you might be having in your system, after that Uninstall Chrome reboot the system and reinstall Chrome.
    • Now go to Wrench > Options > Under the Hood > Content Settings> Plug-ins and click on disable individual plug-ins and also Disable the Google Chrome's version of the Adobe Flash Player & Acrobat Reader.

When you are done with the same then go to adobe site click on Adobe Flash Player and then install the plug, after that play some video and see if you are getting sound or not. If that’s not making any difference then you can try disabling the internal pluging and enable the external one. You can do that by going in to Chrome>Wrench Menu>Options>Under the Hood>Content Settings>Plug-ins> Disable individual plug-ins.

To help you more with the same the Internal Location is
    C:\Documents and Settings\dalem\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\13.0.782.215\gcswf32.dll

where as the External Location: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll.

if that does not help then update the Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer to the latest and see if you are getting any help there.

For solving out this issue in internet explorer just copy the below text into notepad by starting Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 and saving it as "missing.reg" to the desktop:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32]
    "midimapper"="midimap.dll"
    "msacm.imaadpcm"="imaadp32.acm"
    "msacm.msadpcm"="msadp32.acm"
    "msacm.msg711"="msg711.acm"
    "msacm.msgsm610"="msgsm32.acm"
    "msacm.trspch"="tssoft32.acm"
    "vidc.cvid"="iccvid.dll"
    "VIDC.I420"="i420vfw.dll"
    "vidc.iv31"="ir32_32.dll"
    "vidc.iv32"="ir32_32.dll"
    "vidc.iv41"="ir41_32.ax"
    "VIDC.IYUV"="iyuv_32.dll"
    "vidc.mrle"="msrle32.dll"
    "vidc.msvc"="msvidc32.dll"
    "VIDC.YVYU"="msyuv.dll"
    "wavemapper"="msacm32.drv"
    "msacm.msg723"="msg723.acm"
    "vidc.M263"="msh263.drv"
    "vidc.M261"="msh261.drv"
    "msacm.msaudio1"="msaud32.acm"
    "msacm.sl_anet"="sl_anet.acm"
    "msacm.iac2"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\iac25_32.ax"
    "vidc.iv50"="ir50_32.dll"
    "wave"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer"="wdmaud.drv"
    "VIDC.WMV3"="wmv9vcm.dll"
    "VIDC.VP40"="vp4vfw.dll"
    "msacm.voxacm160"="vct3216.acm"
    "MSVideo"="vfwwdm32.dll"
    "MSVideo8"="VfWWDM32.dll"
    "wave1"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi1"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer1"="wdmaud.drv"
    "aux"="wdmaud.drv"
    "vidc.VP70"="vp7vfw.dll"
    "vidc.X264"="x264vfw.dll"
    "VIDC.FPS1"="frapsvid.dll"
    "vidc.VP60"="vp6vfw.dll"
    "vidc.VP61"="vp6vfw.dll"
    "vidc.VP62"="vp6vfw.dll"
    "vidc.DIVX"="DivX.dll"
    "VIDC.UYVY"="msyuv.dll"
    "VIDC.YUY2"="msyuv.dll"
    "VIDC.YVU9"="tsbyuv.dll"
    "VIDC.DRAW"="DVIDEO.DLL"
    "VIDC.YV12"="yv12vfw.dll"
    "wave2"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi2"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer2"="wdmaud.drv"
    "aux1"="wdmaud.drv"
    "wave3"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi3"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer3"="wdmaud.drv"
    "aux2"="wdmaud.drv"
    "VIDC.MSUD"="msulvc05.dll"
    "wave4"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi4"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer4"="wdmaud.drv"
    "aux3"="wdmaud.drv"
    Now after saving the file just go to start click on run and type 'regedit' without the quotes and click on OK. When you are done with the same then go in to the registry and select FILE > IMPORT and then point to the "missing.reg" file.

When you get a imported successfully message as a confirmation then just reboot the system and then things should be fine.