Thread: Add-on Compatibility on Firefox 13 does not look better

Add-on Compatibility on Firefox 13 does not look better

I have recently upgraded to Firefox 13 beta 4 version and suddenly found out that my Add-ons are not compatible with this newer version of Mozilla Firefox. I am unable to understand this why it is so. All my Add-ons were working fine with my earlier versions but I don’t know what the problem is now. I thought it is just because I installed the beta version wrongly so I uninstalled it and again reinstalled but nothing seems to work the Add-ons are still incompatible. Does anybody have any idea in regards of this I want to sort it out as soon as possible? It’s just bugging me. Need help.

Re: Add-on Compatibility on Firefox 13 does not look better

When you update the browser to a newer version, most of the times it happens that the add-ons are not compatible with the new version or else the add-ons that are sometimes installed by the third party programs are turned off automatically by the Firefox during the installation. Most of the times add-ons are not updated with the browsers as a result of this they are not compatible with the browser. Mostly updates for the add-ons are launched just after the launch of the browser. So you can check for the updates of the add-ons to do this just follow the following procedure:
    • Click on “Tools” from the menu bar and then click on “Add-ons”. Now the add-ons manager Tab will open. You can do the same by clicking (ctrl+shift+A).
    • You will find an icon for drop down list at the right hand top of the screen besides the “Search all add-ons” space.
    • Click that icon and select “Check for updates”; if there are updates available then they will be downloaded automatically by the Firefox.
    • Click “Restart now to complete Installation” link and your add-ons will be installed.

I’ll like to inform you that the version which you are talking about is a beta version which is only launched for the testing purpose so you might have some issues with the add-ons and some other features. So don’t panics Mozilla will be coming with the complete new version very soon and hopefully you will not have add-on compatibility issues then. Most of the times these beta versions are launched by the companies for demonstrations and previews, this stage are referred as early access stage by the developers.

The Firefox 13 is in beta version so we can’t state anything for it from this movement, but there are some changes made in the Firefox 13 which can affect the add-on compatibility.

There is a new feature called as New Tab Page which is a major feature but can affect the compatibility of the add-on that overlay about blank. There are other some of the features which can affect the compatibility of the add-ons but we will come to know about them when the full version of Firefox 13 is released in the market. So at the movement I can just suggest you wait for the full version to get the appropriate results.