Thread: CPU Usage rises to 100% while using Live Mesh

CPU Usage rises to 100% while using Live Mesh

Recently I have installed Live Mesh on my Windows XP computer which has Service pack 3 installed. The installation went normally and everything is working fine like photo gallery, Mail, messenger and all parts of Windows Live Essentials. I don’t see any problem with the tools I am using. But the system seems to hangs quite often. I mean that the system starts working slow. When I look into the Task manager, the CPU usage shows that it is at 100%. It happens only when I started using the Live Mesh. When I close it, it comes back to the normal point. Any particular reason for that?

Re: CPU Usage rises to 100% while using Live Mesh

I dint found any problem with Live Mesh client, it is working well. But when I try to open another program when the Live Mesh are running, I see 50 to 60% increment in CPU usage suddenly. And I can also notice the High CPU usage, While update it to newer versions. It will eventually converge into a "correct" state. I think that due to this, it is what happening.

First of all you need to find out what exactly the cause of the problem. You should check both the “Processes Tab” and “Memory Usage” tab. It seems like there is a svchost.exe memory leak bug and due to this CPU usage might be increasing

Quote Originally Posted by Oye! Champion View Post
    Recently I have installed Live Mesh on my Windows XP computer which has Service pack 3 installed. The installation went normally and everything is working fine like photo gallery, Mail, messenger and all parts of Windows Live Essentials. I don’t see any problem with the tools I am using. But the system seems to hangs quite often. I mean that the system starts working slow. When I look into the Task manager, the CPU usage shows that it is at 100%. It happens only when I started using the Live Mesh. When I close it, it comes back to the normal point. Any particular reason for that?
    Me too had a problem with the CPU usage which started to shoot at 100%. It started just after installing Live Mesh. I found that many people with the same problem have named the display drivers as the cause. They suggested me to update the Display driver. So I did it but still no avail.

I have also tried by disabling and uninstalling the Antivirus. If I uninstall Live Mesh, the problem gets solved. So I think that I am using such an intrusive program and the problem will cost me many hours of debugging.

Excessive CPU Usage typically happens when there is a conflict between 2 programs which tends to acquire same amount of CPU power. In simple words, when there are 2 or more High priority programs running at the same time and both needs excessive amount of CPU power in order to execute their processes, such problem occurs. At this time all CPU power will be divided or allocated between 2 programs simultaneously and OS could not able to handle the multithreading processes in a pre-defined manner. In your case the conflict might be between the Windows live essentials and other security programs like Windows security essentials or Antivirus programs.

What version of Windows version you are using? Is it a 32bit or 64bit?

As far as I know that the Live Mesh uses > 28% CPU power and it slowly get 100% which is more or less useless. To stop this I have to kill the Moe.exe process using the task manage. Otherwise I have to restart the system to make it normal.

I don’t know about the High CPU usage here but I do hear about the LiveMesh.exe error. The PC experts say that this error is one of the most severe system errors which is actually caused by LiveMesh.exe process issues. LiveMesh.exe serves as a critical system component and their .dll files can’t enable themselves directly in order to enable its functionality. You have to enable them smoothly in order to run the system stable. I have heard that some hackers uses LiveMesh.exe as a hidden utility in order to get access of another computer which is compromised. You can remotely connect to the PC and get users’ personal or commercial information. It could be one of the reasons also.

Well i dont think Live Mesh is the reason for your high CPU usage because even am using the same but i dont have any such problem. There could be many reason for a High CPU usage and you have to find out what exactly the cause of this. It could be one of the following:

Hardware Issues
    • Low disk space
    • Corrupted HDD controller
    • Undesirable disk errors
    • Damaged components like RAM, CPU, and motherboard
    • Incompatible or outdated driver files
    • Improper BIOS setting

System Issues
    • Corrupted System programs
    • Spyware intrusion
    • Program installation failure
    • Corrupted Dlls