Thread: Messages on MSN messenger stop going through

Messages on MSN messenger stop going through

From my MSN messenger there is no way I can send or receive instant messages. Right now I am using the Windows live messenger Version 2011 (15.4.3538.513) on my Windows XP SP3. The messages just stopped going through. I had done everything to fix this issue but no result. I am still getting error message saying that cannot send messages. I tried re-installing multiple times, tried with latest and older version also. It just really doesn’t work in my case. What should I do now?

Re: Messages on MSN messenger stop going through

Did you do any changes to the system setting, firewall setting or the messenger setting recently before the issue start happening?

Did you try using the different Live ID instead?

As far as I know that you should change the messenger if it is currently on the latest version. Every time installing and re-installing does not fix the problem. It surely seems like you have messed up with your settings.

Did you try the web-based messenger? Are you having the same kind of problem there while accessing through the web browser?
    Are you sure that the version of Windows live messenger Version 2011 is compatible with your Windows XP. I think that it is only compatible with latest Windows vista and Windows 7.

The issue looks like it is specific to the Windows live ID and for that try the following methods:
    • First of all do a clean un-installation of program and re-install it once again. During the un-installation make sure to get rid of all contacts folder as well as the entire messenger folder.
    • Now run the System File Checker
    • Re-install.
    • Remove contact from Live Messenger then sign out.
    • Delete the old contact and create a new one with the same name if possible.
    • Now sign in and see whether the issue still persist of not.

First of all you have to make sure that the MSN does not have any connection related problems. Sometimes the messenger showed sign in but it doesn’t actually connect to your Live account or server. So check the connection using the netstat command using command prompt. If you seen any problem there, or if your Windows live messenger does not listed there, try to connect it once again and see what happens. Also make sure that the Windows firewall or any other which you have installed is not blocking the traffic in and out of the MSN messenger.

I mention first of all that there are several people that we are coming with this problem lately, we've done everything to try to fix it but apparently problems are Microsoft servers and accounts affects some specific

Did you try to get the help from Window live Help center?

Whenever you get any problem regarding the Windows live or its messenger you should directly fire a query on there and the moderators will right away response you regarding the issue. If the servers are off-line or under maintenance, then also they will inform you about that. Moreover if your account has put in the spam list due to any reason, you cannot send any mails to anyone through that account. That means, your account intentionally or unintentionally violated the Windows live terms of use and they have banned or may be blocked your account permanently.

This issue does not seem quite unique, I have the messenger open and it turns out that one of them it seems weird not receive any message from anyone. Then I add my accounts simultaneously, and check that one of my accounts, appeared off, when I was CONNECTED. I wrote messages and no response came to me, talking to friends and acquaintances never gets the answer and that I saw as "Offline". It is very rare, I think something but not on msn in general, because the other account working perfect. So it definitely looks like a lock on my account for this pc or may be for all. I assume that the issue is related to the particular Hotmail account. MY personal Firewall in a proper order. I was reading similar problems that I spent, and will try to follow any of the steps to completely clean of viruses, but I do not have much hope that is normalized, leave a message on msn support too.