Thread: Spyware Blaster shows Mozilla Firefox as Partially Enabled after checking for updates

Spyware Blaster shows Mozilla Firefox as Partially Enabled after checking for updates

AS my friends suggested me to install Spyware Blaster which I thought would prevent the installation of spyware and other potentially unwanted software. So I just made an installation and found it simple, effective and trusted. And according to me, I have used various software programs to protect my system , but , I can surely say that SpywareBlaster is the most powerful protection program presented. But recently , there is something messy between Mozilla Firefox and this program. So recently , I came to know that my Mozilla firefox is shown partially enabled when I check for updates after loading Spyware Blaster. The thing I am most concerned to is , some of my items have protection disabled . so , I just need to keep my items safe. I tried with various possible ways to enable them , they were enabled also , but the next day when I check them , they are all disabled. So what’s wrong with the program. I think something is really interrupting with my software program.

Re: Spyware Blaster shows Mozilla Firefox as Partially Enabled after checking for updates

I was also having same issue . I jut thought I require to make sure all protection is enabled in Spyware blaster on my Firefox or it is only partially enabled. And I thought I am over-riding my browsers security. There were some issues with add-ons. But later as it was not solved , I made use of internet explorer , which I think is most efficient browser of all times.

Re: Spyware Blaster shows Mozilla Firefox as Partially Enabled after checking for updates

Can't see why this problem has anything to do with browsers. SpywareBlaster makes modifications in the registry and neither Firefox or any other browsers such as IE would be able to reverse them.I can’t make out what would make these changes unless you have some additional process which is doing a related job to SpywareBlaster or else you are restoring registries. It could be an virus so , you can attempt MalwareBytes freebie. And according to me, I suppose I can suggest is that you "disable all protection", then uninstall along with re-install SpywareBlaster with a new download and see if that assists.

You can try this way as in Firefox, you can open options and then in tools with privacy. You then need to uncheck "Automatically start Firefox in private browsing session", move to the settings section next to clear history. You then need to uncheck "site preferences", and finally ok. Recheck your boxes furthermore click ok. This should alleviate the problem.

I was also having same issues as occasionally I open SpywareBlaster I get the message Partially enabled which is written in yellow instead of protection enabled green.i was just with some doubts whether it mean that the software blocked a bug . I never had any "message" telling me that SpywareBlaster blocked infection. But everything was solved after an upgrade. So all this happens day after an upgrade. Since the update (items) that are accumulated on a browser and / or restriction site.They become partially protected, since in items already in force, they still make these new items newly accumulated assets.It must have to select objects that have accumulated items during the update. Uncheck all items and their immediately recheck, so they absorb or bring into force the new items from the update.

Guys I require your assistance as I need some definite solutions which will work in my case. So , I have just started using Windows 7 (64-bit) and am currently on Firefox 3.6.20 version. I have always made use of Spyware Blaster with Firefox but never encountered any issues with my earlier XP system. Though, I've now came across that even when I update Spyware Blaster from update and then Enable all protection, it comes into view that the Firefox entry states '230 items Partially Enabled’. when I make some changes by clicking 'Enable All Protection', everything is fine but not for long time. But after some time , it all comes again. I thought at first this may be a Windows 7 incompatibility but after searching on this topic , it was found that it's a known issue with Firefox and Spyware Blaster.i am on the most recent SB 4.4. I uninstalled the earlier version first by Disabling All Protection along with re-installed making use of the most recent download from Wilders Security. But the issue is still present. I came to know that in Firefox: Tools >>Clear Recent History>> you need to untick Site Preferences.I have constantly set Firefox to clear all history on closing. however, I 'Cleared Recent', make sure regarding 'Site Prefs' unticked. But was not with positive results. So please provide some definite solutions in this case.

I was with same issue and Spyware Blaster continuously tells me I have 230 items are unprotected under Firefox and something like that. I am however able to enable all protection and it protects them all. That is until I close the program, since on restarting it the same thing occurs again. I made some search for the same topic and found a couple of topic which were relating to me , and one result is the same to my problem but that was with Internet Explorer browser. I have never had this issue when I was using windows XP or else Vista, but it appears that this issue is concerned with Windows7 only. I can read out some posts which were using windows 7 OS and were with same issue. I am using the latest version of Spyware Blaster. I suppose it was something to do with conflicts in the UAC so I have turned that off, along with that caused some issues when installing security programs and as a result I had to reinstall after turning that off. i made some settings as updater for Spyware Blaster was being blocked by UAC and was set as safe. Moreover Spyware Blaster appears constantly indicating that over 24000 items are not protected. I don’t have idea why this happens, and I am having no viruses or else malware, etc on my system as it's been checked in detail. So I just made another try and problem was with my settings. Then I made some settings with Clear Recent History along with uncheck Site Preferences. And then Re enabled protection for all items in Spyware Blaster and al was really fine. So guys it was amazing as it was really solved. so you can also try with the same thing.

I have some information regarding this topic and need to explain in detail, "Site Preferences" are in fact the exact settings that SpywareBlaster, and even Firefox itself, and the main work they perform is to configure per-site restrictions or policies. if you allow pop-ups on a banking/ecommerce site or from a forum site Firefox will set "Site Preferences" feature which really helps to keep secured. So to fix this issue you will be first having two separate alternatives to clear Site Preferences in Firefox. So the first one for cleaning on browser close, and other when you are manually clearing recent history. So for manually Clear Recent History . Firefox >> History >> then Clear Recent History and uncheck the option "Site Preferences".and as many users are complaining that this fixes for some time but for a permanent fix, and to prevent this from automatically happening on browser close:
    1. In the Options window of Firefox open the "Privacy" tab.
    2. Under "History", there is an alternative called "Clear history when Firefox closes". If this is not enabled, you can omit the remaining steps.
    3. And then click "Settings..." button which is besides "Clear history when Firefox closes".
    4. Uncheck the "Site Preferences" alternative, and finally click OK.
    You might be solved with your issue.