| || |
Join Date: May 2011
Re: Clear contacts cache in Windows Live Messenger 2011
I would like to tell you that there is more possibility that the contacts cache store will damaged and this occurs very often. This makes it essential to do a quick repair. You can go through the steps that are given below to clean the local contacts store.
Make sure that wlcomm.exe and msnmsgr.exe is shut down:
Modify Windows Explorer settings
- Go to the task manager.
- Select the tab for processes and see if you can find msnmsgr.exe and wlcomm.exe.
- If you find that they are already running then click on that process and click on the button “End Process”
Deleting Contacts Cache: Note
- Type Windows Explorer in the Search program from the start and then click on the Windows Explorer.
- Click on Organize from the drop down option.
- Go to the view tab and select Advanced settings list.
- Choose “Show hidden files and folders” which is there under Hidden Files and Folders.
- Uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.
- Click OK to save and close Folder Options window.
: This folder will be made once you sig n into the Messenger
- Click on the start button.
- Go to the location: “C:\Users\<Windows logon name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live\Contacts”
- See for the folder that is having email address like email@example.com. Just delete that folder from there. Make sure that you are deleting the folder which is related to your email address and not anything else. If you removed any other items from the Contacts folder then there is no option to recover that. So this is one of the very important things to keep in mind.
- After this, just restart your computer and sign in back to the Messenger.