Thread: Unable to send email, getting error "To stop spammers, we sometimes ask you to enter characters before sending your message"

Unable to send email, getting error "To stop spammers, we sometimes ask you to enter characters before sending your message"

I am having the Hotmail account and problem is that I am not able to send email from it. Whenever I compose any email and press “Send” button then this shows prompt me with the message as “To stop spammers, we sometimes ask you to enter characters before sending your message". This message comes in the yellow box. I am getting this problem from last one week and cannot guess any workaround for this problem. I have tried with all the possibilities that I know for this and now I think it will be better to have some suggestion from the people over here. If you can provide me some solution for this issue then I will be thankful for you. Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you.

Re: Unable to send email, getting error "To stop spammers, we sometimes ask you to enter characters before sending your message"

There is one simple solution for this. When you get that message on your screen then simply right click on the message "To stop spammers, we sometimes ask you to enter characters before sending your message". When you click on that message then you will get few options and you will have to select "junk mail". It will ask you to fill in some of the characters, fill the same and you are done. Now you will be able to send messages without any problem. I have tried this when I was getting the same problem and it worked for me. So I am quite sure that it will be helpful for you as well. So try this and if you get any further problem then please reply back. We will try some alternate solution for this problem.

Re: Unable to send email, getting error "To stop spammers, we sometimes ask you to enter characters before sending your message"

Quote Originally Posted by Suigetsu View Post
    There is one simple solution for this. When you get that message on your screen then simply right click on the message "To stop spammers, we sometimes ask you to enter characters before sending your message". When you click on that message then you will get few options and you will have to select "junk mail". It will ask you to fill in some of the characters, fill the same and you are done. Now you will be able to send messages without any problem. I have tried this when I was getting the same problem and it worked for me. So I am quite sure that it will be helpful for you as well. So try this and if you get any further problem then please reply back. We will try some alternate solution for this problem.
    I right clicked on message but that is not showing me any option like this. Can you please explain this in detail. Also I am not able to understand the reason for this. Why they have implemented this thing while sending email. This is really very irritating. If they continue in the same way then they will surely lose the total number of users they are having.

This is done from Microsoft so that the users will receive less junk mail. In recent days, users were reporting a lot for getting junk emails and how to stop them. So it is workaround from the Microsoft so that it can be reduced. If somebody is concerned about the security then he/she will not change to something else. So when you get that message then just click on that. When you click on that message then it will redirect you on the page where you have to enter some characters. This is done to avoid automated emails. On that page, you will get some characters with poor resolution and is a bit difficult to read. Just see those characters and enter those in the textbox next to that. Make sure that the order of the character is same as the order given in that image. If you are not able to read the text then you can simply click on change text and that will change the text. If you enter wrong text in the box then also you will be given a message that the text entered is not correct and you will be provided with a new text image.

There are many of the users with the Internet explorer who are getting various other problems with the hotmail. This is because of the browser. So if someone over here is facing any other error message issue then it will be better to update the browser to the latest or change the browser. I would recommend you the Firefox. This is the best amongst all the other available browsers. Good Luck!!!

I have seen this on YAHOO Japan email also....... (I sent them feedback and assured them I wasnt a spammer and could they please REMOVE IT FROM MY ACCOUNT as i couldnt read it!!)

They did remove it a couple days later,i was happily surprised......

Its sad ppl have to take these measures (But its understandable)

Quote Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
    I have seen this on YAHOO Japan email also....... (I sent them feedback and assured them I wasnt a spammer and could they please REMOVE IT FROM MY ACCOUNT as i couldnt read it!!)

They did remove it a couple days later,i was happily surprised......

Its sad ppl have to take these measures (But its understandable)
    Yes it is sad but then i don't think that once can do anything for the same as these are some measures taken by Microsoft itself. If possible then contact them again see what they have to say about this.

Hi, I am totally agree with the above post and I am sure that it will solve the problem that you are facing. I am posting here just to tell you that the characters with the letters which you are receiving is known as Human Interactive Proof (HIP) and this is used to validate your account. This is very common thing on web which is used by many of the website for validating so that automated registration or spamming can be avoided. On some of the sites, they limit the number of attempts to validate. I don’t think that someone will have any problem with this because it will take hardly a few seconds to validate. I am also doing it in the same way and there is no problem for me.