Thread: Getting error on windows live mail "This profile is temporarily blocked"

Getting error on windows live mail "This profile is temporarily blocked"

I am using hotmail since last five months and today when I opened my account then I got the message that my profile is temporary blocked. How can my profile be temporary be blocked. Why they blocked my profile. How can I unblock my profile now?

Re: Getting error on windows live mail "This profile is temporarily blocked"

Even my profile was blocked and I was not knowing the reason that why my profile was blocked. When I searched for the issues it told me that, your account has been blocked because it contains some contents which violates the terms of use. I was able to login after two weeks. They automatically unblocked my profile.

I think that they have blocked you to protect from some fraud or abuse. Windows live blocks the accounts temporarily when they detect any kind of spamming activity. These activities could be in email or friend invitations. If you want to unblock your account, then unblock it by verifying your mobile number. If you already have entered your phone number then they will send you a verification code. Enter the verification code and unblock your account. If you haven’t entered your phone number then add your number and verify it. This helps them to check whether you are spammer or not.

The anti-spam system of the windows live has many restrictions on accounts. It can block your accounts, block you from sending emails. This happens when it notices some unusual activity in your account. To reduce junk, it limits in sending message to people. You cannot send one message to many people at a time. It can also be blocked due to an issue at their end user licence. They may have noticed something and that can be the reason to block your profile.