Thread: In my windows live hotmail contact list a "DrunkGirlRoom" is appearing, how to delete it

In my windows live hotmail contact list a "DrunkGirlRoom" is appearing, how to delete it

I am using hotmail service from last six to eight months. In my contact list I am seeing a new contact which I didn’t add. It’s the drunkgirlroom contact. I don’t know from where it has been added to my contact list but want to remove it from the list. It is appearing only when I am sending a new mail and it does not any email id. Can anyone help me in removing it from my contact list?

Re: In my windows live hotmail contact list a "DrunkGirlRoom" is appearing, how to delete it

I think that you might be having the group invitation and you may have not given a reply. This may be caused due to pending of the reply. The group is added to your contact list automatically. Provide a reply to the group, so that there will no future problems. To avoid this kind of problems give replies to the invitations. To remove group from contact list follow the steps.
    1. Go to Contacts.
    2. Click on View invitations.
    3. Click on Groups.
    4. Click No, thanks, to decline the invitation of the group.

Re: In my windows live hotmail contact list a "DrunkGirlRoom" is appearing, how to delete it

I had the same problem. I tried many times to delete the contact from my list, but never succeed. Every time I login and delete the contact every time it appears. It was not getting delete from my mail account. I discussed this problem with my friend and he advice me to delete it from the MSN messenger. I delete the contact from the messenger and was unable to see the contact again in my contact list. Go to the messenger and delete the contact from the list. This can be simply done by login to your mail account through msn messenger. Go to your contact list directory. Select the contact you want to delete. Right click the contact and select delete the contact.

I think that there may be the pending reply from you to the group and it has been added to your list. You can try changing your account settings. Change your account setting to private so that only you can enter to a group or contact. By changing the account settings to private no other user will be able to view your account details fully. You can change the details as per your needs. Change the group setting to private. This might be possible solution to the problem you are facing.

I think that you are causing this problem due to the new feature of the hotmail. The new feature is named as recently emailed list. This feature makes the list of the email address recently used. This emailed list adds the contact to the contact list automatically. This feature uses the auto-complete and contact picker to add the contact to contact list. This feature does not have the option to delete or modify the contact.