Thread: Not able to forward mail pictures embedded in the body of incoming message using windows live mail

Not able to forward mail pictures embedded in the body of incoming message using windows live mail

I have been using windows xp and the problem that I am facing with windows live mail is that when I am forwarding emails having pictures in the incoming body then I am getting a message saying One or more pictures cannot be found, I have tried out the other way round as well as that is copying the original message and after that posting the same in the forwarded message but that does not seems to be making any difference and I am welcomed with the same message, By now I am really frustrated with the same and willing to give up on this Email program but then before that I will like to know if anyone who has faced the same issue has been able to solve it out or not, if yes then how?

Re: Not able to forward mail pictures embedded in the body of incoming message using windows live mail

Quote Originally Posted by Run.DK View Post
    I have been using windows xp and the problem that I am facing with windows live mail is that when I am forwarding emails having pictures in the incoming body then I am getting a message saying One or more pictures cannot be found, I have tried out the other way round as well as that is copying the original message and after that posting the same in the forwarded message but that does not seems to be making any difference and I am welcomed with the same message, By now I am really frustrated with the same and willing to give up on this Email program but then before that I will like to know if anyone who has faced the same issue has been able to solve it out or not, if yes then how?
    Hey in that case you can try out the below solution:
    • First open the Windows Live Mail and then press ALT+F +O at the same time.
    • Now when you get Safety Options then click on the same and then click on the Security and then make sure that you are un-checking the “Block Images and other external content in HTML email.” Options and then save the same and click on ok.

Just try this out and then let me know if the issue is getting solved or not, if you have any further queries regarding the same then feel free to ask.

Re: Not able to forward mail pictures embedded in the body of incoming message using windows live mail

I think that you should better try out optimizing the browser first and you should cover all the bases and make sure that browser is efficient as Hotmail is a browser dependent service and in order to do the same just follow the below steps:
    • First you should clear out the Internet Explorer cache which will help you out in improving the performance of the windows live mail when it will be used for accessing Hotmail and other services.
    • If you are using Internet Explorer 9 then click on Tools which will be at the upper-right corner of the Internet Explorer and then click on Safety and then click on the Delete browsing history, when you are done with the same then check mark the “Temporary Internet files” box and make sure that you are un-checking all the other check boxes and then clicking on Delete.
    • If you are using Internet Explorer 8 then click on Tools menu which will be at the upper-right corner of the Internet Explorer and then click on Delete Browsing History, when you are done with the same then check mark the “Temporary Internet files” box and make sure that you are un-checking all the other check boxes and then clicking on Delete.
    • If you are using Internet Explorer 7 then click on Tools menu which will be at the upper-right corner of the Internet Explorer and then click on Delete Browsing History, when you are done with the same then click on Delete files Under Temporary Internet Files and then click on yes.

Just try out the sane and then let me know what you get.

Even I am facing the above issue, in my case when I am forwarding with an e-mail with imbedded pictures then I am getting a message saying the below things:
    "One or more of the pictures in this message could not be found.When you send this message these pictures will not be included.Are you sure you want to send this message?"
    I also get a option saying “YES” and “NO” so here when I am clicking on YES then the pictures are getting send as attachments rather than getting displayed in the body, I been looking after a solution for the same and have found a no of people having the same issue but then I have not yet come across a working solution for the same, I have even found some officials mentioning that they are aware the issue and they are looking in to this matter but then I really can’t wait long for fixing this, if anyone find an effective solution for solving this then please let me know as well, any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

I have started running in to same issue now, i was not facing this issue before updating the Hotmail but since after updating the Hotmail I am not able to forward pictures, when I am trying to do the same then I am getting an outline of an empty box, I am not signed into another account as I have been using Hotmail only, I have checked about the same and I have found some people getting Red X box when sending the images in the same condition but then I think that my case is different, I have found the below workaround for Red X box thins so if anyone is getting it then they can try out the below solution.
    • First login in to Hotmail and then go in to Options – More Options and then chose Conversation Settings under Reading email in the Inbox.
    • Now chose the “Show messages individually” option for disabling the conversation setting and then click on save.

I have tried out the solution that has been mentioned in the above post which was for un-checking the “Block Images and other external content in HTML email.” Options but then it did not helped, is there anything else that I can try out to get rid of this issue or I will just have to wait for the Microsoft to fix it out.

If anyone is still having the same issue after trying out the above solutions as well then let me know the following things:
    Are you just having this issue with Windows Live Hotmail or it is with the MSN account as well.
    1. Have you tried using a different browser on the same system?
    2. Have you tried using same/different browser on some other system?
    3. What is the type of the file that you are using?
    4. What are the solutions that you have tried so far? I wanted to know this So that I don’t suggest you the same in further workarounds.
    5. Are you having the same issue with Windows Live Hotmail or Windows Live Mail Accounts on the same system?

If you have not checked out these things then check it out now and then let me know, so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you out with the same as well.

If that does not help then check out the sending options in Windows Live Mail client and just make sure that the “Reply to messages using the format in which they were sent” option is enabled, for doing the same just follow the below steps:
    • First login in to Windows Live Mail and then go in to Options (ALT+F) and then select Mail and then the Send tab and then check mark the “Reply to messages using the format in which they were sent “ Option.

Just check out the same and then let me know if this solutions is helping you out or not, I have found some people mentioning that the issue was solved after they tried it out, I am not very sure about this as I have not tried it out myself but then you can try it out and then give me a feed back for the same.

Hey thanks to you for your interest but then I just wanted to share that I have tried out the following solutions so far and they have not made any difference in my case and I am still left with the same issue.
    1. Un-checking the “Block Images and other external content in HTML email.” Option
    2. Clearing out the Internet Explorer cache
    3. Disabling the Conversation Threading
    4. Enabling the “Reply to messages using the format in which they were sent” option

All these have not made any difference in my case so far, is there any other workaround that I can try out further, I am getting tired of trying out a number of solutions as they are not making any effect, I also wanted to know if forwarding emails have anything to do with the HTML settings or the IMAP message ? it will be very helpful if someone post a through step by step solution for setting up "Windows Live Mail" so as to send, receive and forward emails with embedded pictures without any such issues or is there anyone who has tried out a solution for fixing this issue himself and is quite sure that it will help us out as well. I think that the cause of the issue might be similar to all the ones that are having this issue but then I am just not able to track out the cause of the same. Please help!!

I don’t know why the above solution are not working out for even when there are some solutions that has been mentioned as working for a no of people, anyways if you are still having the same issue then I will suggest you to provide us with log files using FiddlerCap, so as to give us a better idea of the issue that you are facing, if you are not aware of the FiddlerCap then follow the below solution for generating the log using it:
    • First download the FiddlerCap and then save the same to the desktop and after that double click on “FiddlerCapSetup.exe” on your desktop and the let the installation process get completed, once the installation process gets completed then close the installer window and then open FiddlerCap.
    • Now you will have to capture a Fiddler Trace using FiddlerCap so just close all the e-mail applications and browsers that might be using HTTP protocol or any application that might be accessing the internet and then launch the Windows Live Mail, make sure that you are running the Fiddlercap as well.
    • No click on Start Capture in FiddlerCap and then Reproduce the issue, when you are done with the same then go back to the FiddlerCap window and then click on Stop Capture and after that click on Save Capture.
    • When you will click on save then you will get the save file menu so just click on the Save button for saving the capture file to your desktop.

Just perform the same and then post back the logs that gets generated, if you don’t want to use the FiddlerCap later then you can just uninstall the same simply by going in to the Control Panel and selecting Add/Remove Programs and then right clicking on the FiddlerCap and choosing the uninstall option.