Thread: Apple Mail 5 bug in OS X Lion

Apple Mail 5 bug in OS X Lion

My Macbook Pro is now upgraded to OS X Lion and in this upgrade first thing I have noticed that about the Apple Mail version 5. When I looked into it, there in Sent Mail folder I see only the "From" field, not the "To" field. I don’t need "From" field which is pretty useless. Does anyone know how t0 display the "To" field. Should I need to switch to Classic view? I have configured the Gmail set up as an IMAP account. Any suggestions?

Re: Apple Mail 5 bug in OS X Lion

Apple Mail is the default mail client supplied had not really changed in recent years. With Mac OS X Lion , the company has nevertheless made some important changes, especially regarding the interface. The most visible new feature in this new version of Mail is the general layout of the interface. By default, the application displays an interface in successive panels, well suited to wide screens that are now present throughout the range Apple. On the left panel contains both the different mail accounts managed by the software and files for each mail account, but also RSS feeds, notes or tasks. In the center, the list of messages to the mailbox or folder, with a preview of the message. Right then, the messages themselves. In my case I have number of other accounts along with the Gmail account and each one of them showing me a destination address in the Sent folder. I will try with different Gmail account and will see if it can make any different at all.

I have one client side workaround and I hope that it will work. As far as I know that Most ISPs will allow reply or forward mail to another email address. But now in your case, you have to go to the ISP's configuration page and forward mail to a GMAIL account. After that ensure to enable the POP for Google account and set Apple Mail client manually with POP Gmail which will be your incoming server. Then it will ask for Gmail username and password for login. In this case you use ISP's email for the email address field. I hope that you got my tip.

I also don’t think that it is a bug in Apple Mail. It looks like there is a configuration mistake made by ISP. Either pop server is not correctly configured or the old Mail version was ignoring this configuration. Double check the Mail configuration once again. This new provision is proposed by default in Mac OS X Lion, but the former provision is also offered by Apple and accessed at any time in the application preferences ("Use the classic presentation" in the "Presentation" ).