Thread: How to downgrade Firefox from version 12 to 11

How to downgrade Firefox from version 12 to 11

I am currently looking for a FireFox Setup 11.exe in order to go back to the previous version of Firefox which is 11. This is the only solution I have to go back to the previous version because there is no downgrade option. i have been getting several problem with plugins which are not compatible with Firefox 12. Till then it get fixed I would like to rely on the older version only. So far I could not able to find the previous version setup on any trusted site and not even on Firefox. is there any legal way to downgrade the Firefox.

Re: How to downgrade Firefox from version 12 to 11

In some cases it may be necessary to ensure proper operation of downgrading Firefox, especially when the last 'upgrade' has automatically blocked some vital component for you (in my case FireFTP which is not compatible). If you do not want to use i.e. for no reason make note download prior installation of older version. First you have to start uninstalling Firefox that you can do in 2 ways:
    • Via the control panel => application installations => (look for Mozilla Firefox in the list) => uninstall.
    • window to start the "run" in the `boot, write in" C: \ Program Files \ Mozilla Firefox \ uninstall \ helper.exe "and press the Execute button

In the Uninstall window, do not mark 'Remove personal information and settings in Firefox' that you do not want to lose any data stored in the browser for a possible fresh reinstall. After that you must install the old version, available for download at cnet site.

Re: How to downgrade Firefox from version 12 to 11

From a security standpoint, I find it irresponsible to surf using an older browser version, which is no longer supplied with updates. Such downgrades only lead to that Vulnerability. So no matter whether your plug-ins are compatible or not. It is always better to get the latest version of firefox due to security concern. It helps for more secure browsing and protect your credentials.