Thread: Is it possible to use Norton Identity Safe with Firefox 12

Is it possible to use Norton Identity Safe with Firefox 12

Firefox 12 update is available and I would like to take the advantage of Norton Identity Safe app which they are offering for free. I am running Firefox 12 on Mac OSX 10.7.3. From the Mac app store I have downloaded and installed the Norton Identity Safe extension in my Firefox. The problem is when I click on it, it opens the Safari. Do you think that it is not yet compatible with Firefox 12? How can I configure it properly?

Re: Is it possible to use Norton Identity Safe with Firefox 12

I have seen that many users ran the Live Update 3 times in order to get the both Norton add-ons for Firefox to become installed.

Did you install the latest version of Norton Identity Safe?

Did you install it from the Norton official site?

It seems to me that still the Firefox 12 is not compatible with some of the Norton products. Few days ago they have released an update patch for Norton Tool extension to make it compatible with the Firefox 12. So I hope that soon they will going to release a fix or patch for this one also. Only thing is how much patience you have in waiting.

Re: Is it possible to use Norton Identity Safe with Firefox 12

Several users of both Norton 360 and Firefox may encounter problems. Both programs work against each other because, as concluded both Mozilla and Symantec. According to Firefox developer, the problems are probably dealing with older versions of Norton Products. Since Firefox automatically updates installed were the problems to light. There are several users of Firefox will complain because their bookmarks were gone. Norton users complained that their Identity Safe Password no longer could be found. It is according to the Firefox developer now working together to solve problems. Some users told that a reboot helps, but that is not for everyone. Users of Norton Internet Security can best update to latest version since this has the possibility to install a Firefox patch. Norton 360 is a kind of equal patch available, it's all just via LiveUpdate.