Thread: Archived mail in Outlook 2011 for Mac

Archived mail in Outlook 2011 for Mac

I have been using the Mac as well as Windows. I am very much familiar with Outlook in both. But now recently what I only left is the Mac platform. So I brought the new Office 2011 with outlook, so that I can switch from old encourage to this one. The reason I bought this tool for mac is to get the auto-archiving of mail that I have used in earlier Windows version. But in 2011 I could not able to do it. Do you have any idea about how to do this? I also have no idea about whether this feature has been included or not. So any help will be very useful for me.

Re: Archived mail in Outlook 2011 for Mac

As far as I know this feature has not been included in outlook 2011 for Mac. There reason behind this is still a nightmare. But due to lot of users request and feedback I think somehow the Microsoft will add this feature in their upcoming update but there is no guarantee about that. The most up-to-date knowledge I know is that you can capable to export as .olm files but in .pst files it is not possible. Another thing is that it is not an automatic task.

Further unpleasant is the deficient in of suitable archiving surrounded by Microsoft Outlook for Mac. Windows users are comfortable to choicely archiving email. Conventional Outlook email archiving allows Windows users to indiscriminately archive mail inside a particular folder, numerous folders or an intact mailbox as obligatory or on a predestined calendar. No such characteristic subsists in Microsoft Outlook 2011 for the Mac.

How besides are Mac Outlook clients to appropriately administer their Exchange mailboxes? Further than removing email, there’s no straightforward method further than exporting the complete fillings of a mailbox to an .OLM file. Microsoft might be fine serve up to put in an archiving characteristic to Mac’s Outlook application as fraction of a service pack upgrading. Exclusive of such functionality, Outlook is basically not prepared for major time exercise in the venture.

Use OWA (Outlook Web App, previously recognized as Outlook Web Access) as from Firefox or Safari, and you be able to perform the whole lot with server regulations in nearby. Not perfect that you require cranking up a web browser to accomplish it, but the majority group don't necessitate editing rules extremely frequently so it's not a huge risk. In Exchange 2010 nearly all Mac web browsers are maintained for the complete "Premium" Outlook Web Access, fairly than the "Light" edition that you had to employ in earlier versions.

cool Re: Archived mail in Outlook 2011 for Mac

I have a found a better workaround.
    1. Create an empty pst file from a windows Outlook.
    2. Import it into your Outlook Mac 2011. It will create the folders you had created under "on my computer".
    3. You can then copy files and folders into those archive folder and even copy folders. It does not do a move (cut and paste) but it's better than exporting to a file you can't see easily. It behaves closer to Outlook for Windows where you are able to view your pst file folder structures and content.

Anything under "on my computer" is saved to your desktop.