Thread: Google Search pages not opening in Firefox 12

Google Search pages not opening in Firefox 12

I have recently updated my browser to Firefox 12 and since then I am facing issues while accessing websites on Google. I am able to search the content but whenever I click on certain link the browser just reloads the same page rather than loading new page in the same tab. I thought it might be opening the link in new tab or a new window but it’s not such. It happens like this when I click on any link from Google search page it shows connecting and has the circular busy indicator but it loads back the same page where I am present. So in order to view that link I have to right click on the mouse and open the link in new Tab. On a lot of websites the link open in the same tab or in another new tab. I searched on Google and came to know about the new Anti-Duplicate tab feature. If this is the feature then how should I disable it…?
    I am using OS X 10.6.8. Need urgent help.
    Thanks

Re: Google Search pages not opening in Firefox 12

I am using Firefox 12 but its running fine with me having no problems at all. I surf content on Google, and it’s loading the links I click. May be problem is with your own browser because I don’t think any feature or anything such has affected Firefox 12. Because I am not facing any problems while using the browser perfectly. May be the problem you’re facing is due to the Cache and Cookies. I’ll suggest you to clear your cache and Cookies and then try and run the Firefox in Safe mode. You can go to Mozilla Firefox Safe mode through your All Programs. You’ll find it under Mozilla Firefox option. Check if you are facing the same problem in Mozilla Firefox Safe Mode. For clearing your Cache and Cookies follow these steps:

For Clearing the Cache:
    Tools>Options>Advanced>Network>Clear Now (From offline Storage)

For Clearing the Cookies:
    Tools>Options>Privacy>Clear Your Recent History>Select Time Range to Every Thing>OK

For Switching to your Default theme:
    Tools>Add-ons>Themes>Select default Firefox Theme and Click enable

Hope this all steps work for you because I really don’t think of any issues with the New version of Firefox 12.