Thread: Unable to attach a file in Gmail using Firefox 12

Unable to attach a file in Gmail using Firefox 12

Hi, Can anyone help me attach a file in Gmail. I have been using Firefox 11from past a few months now and had never experienced such problem in Firefox 11 but this newer version has really disappointed me a lot before upgrading my browser to Firefox 12 I was using its earlier version i.e. Firefox 11 with Internet Explorer. It’s working well in Internet Explorer but not in Firefox 12. As my organizations website is best viewed in Mozilla Firefox I have to continue using it but it’s troubling me a lot as I am unable to send even a single attachment. I tried doing it in Firefox Safe mode but it didn’t worked either so now I am helpless so any help in regards of this will be appreciated.
    Thank You

Re: Unable to attach a file in Gmail using Firefox 12

I had the similar problem and I fixed it yesterday.
    Whenever I was trying to upload an attachment from my Gmail account nothing was happening not even an error message was flashing on my screen. I was not able to upload attachments with Firefox and not even from Internet Explorer. The problem may be you might have accidentally changed the internet settings of your computer. This could have done by many ways and you might have not even realized about it. Even I use Firefox regularly but I used Internet explorer to fix this problem. I did some simple changes from my Internet browser,
    Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced

When you are in the Advanced tab, do these two things
    1. Click "Restore Advanced Settings" and then
    2. Click RESET and OK to all the message warnings.

After I did this I am able to attach files from both the browsers Internet Explorer as well as Firefox.

Re: Unable to attach a file in Gmail using Firefox 12

Hey friend, even I was facing the same problem was not able to attach files on Gmail but was able to do it very easily on my Hotmail and Yahoo account. So even I was wondering, what the issue is. First I thought there is some problem with new version Of Mozilla Firefox and ignored it but after few days I came to know a surprising fact which I never knew. The problem seemed to be so simple; it was just that I ignored it. Interestingly Gmail uses Flash to attach files to an email. So I just tried updating my Adobe flash Player. Upgraded latest Adobe Flash Player and now I am able to attach files to Gmail. If you’re facing problems in attaching files on Gmail then make sure that you have Flash installed in your system.

Visit http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ to check for updates and download the latest version of Adobe flash Player as you have updated your browser. In addition please make sure that Flash is not being blocked on your computer. If your computers default browser is Firefox, then make sure it’s not in offline mode.
    Switch your attachment settings from “Advanced Attachment Features” to “Basic Attachment Features”. Disable your Proxy. I am sure it will help you.