Thread: Edit this bookmark box does not appear in Firefox 12

Edit this bookmark box does not appear in Firefox 12

I am currently using the new version of Firefox v12. Whenever you choose a star icon on the URL bar to bookmark a website, you will see an Edit this Bookmark label and when you click on it, it will open that box in order to save the website as bookmark in your desired location. In Firefox 12, the problem is, I cannot choose the location to save bookmark. That means, the Edit my Bookmark dialogue box disappears whenever I hover anywhere above it. I have few add-ons installed for my browser and it is running in normal mode. Any solutions?

Re: Edit this bookmark box does not appear in Firefox 12

I think that you have to click twice on star in order to bring the Dialogue box on the front. Otherwise you have to look at the main menu Bookmark option. After deploying the tab, just click "add to bookmarks" to the page to be saved to your favorites. In either way you can add the Bookmark. You can customize the book marks in any manner. You can create different folder to save bookmarks, put them on bookmark bar, import, export and so on. When you first click the star button, it will book mark the current page. When you click again on same yellow star, it will drop down the Edit this bookmark menu in which you will have several option to save along with Remove Bookmark.

Have you tried reinstalling Firefox this time having previously uninstalled properly (since it does not work without uninstalling). Think about saving your bookmarks before uninstalling. I think by writing a check two tips before uninstalling:
    • Have you tried in safe mode? (You have a shortcut in the start menu)
    • The directory where the files are downloaded Firefox they are not read-only? Try a different directory. (Normally it would be weird that you would say)
    • can also try if it is not the case to go to Tools / Options / download and set the folder where the files are downloaded. This is handy (I think).

Is it the problem with a particular site?

Previous versions of Firefox (I think before v5) lacking of bookmark management. Many users want to manage bookmarks but the administration is missing suddenly. Of course, the bookmarks are not gone, and the manage window actually works as before. The only problem is once again the missing menu bar . The developers of Firefox wanted to save space and have the old menu bar hidden by default. There has, however, the bookmark management and found innocent players are now slightly confused. The menu bar can be an alternative to the Alt key, or Firefox -> View menu again, if you like -> Preferences. It is easier but still use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + B, so that you can open the bookmarks sidebar and manage a. About the star at the end of the address field can be set with a single click by the way a new bookmark. Simply click on the star and you're currently visiting the website added as a bookmark. A second click on the star, you can edit the bookmark immediately. You can customize the name, sort the bookmark, tag your keywords, and, of course delete them.

Now you can save your favorite "Bookmarks" in Firefox using Foxmarks. Foxmarks is nothing more and nothing less than a complement to Firefox, my personal opinion is an excellent complement as this allows you to backup your bookmarks and access them from any computer with internet and even include it on your computer.It is a Firefox extensions. The procedure is quite simple you just have to install the add-on and the wizard will guide you through a fairly simple step.