Thread: Without restarting Mozilla Firefox 12 bookmarks does not open

Without restarting Mozilla Firefox 12 bookmarks does not open

I was using Mozilla Firefox 11 in my computer and recently I have upgraded my browser with Mozilla Firefox 12. I have windows 7 operating system in my computer. After upgrading Mozilla Firefox it has started giving me problem. Now whenever I try open bookmarks Mozilla Firefox at that time nothing happens and when I restart Mozilla Firefox and try to open at that time it works fine. I have also tried to open bookmarks from bookmarks bar but that does not make any difference. If you have any solution regarding this then let me know.

Re: Without restarting Mozilla Firefox 12 bookmarks does not open

I have read your problem and I would like to tell you that you should first open Mozilla Firefox in safe mode and after opening Mozilla firebox in safe mode you have to check whether you face same problem with bookmarks ion Mozilla Firefox or not? if you don’t get same problem then problem is with any of the extensions in or themes in the Mozilla Firefox browser. To start Mozilla Firefox browser in safe mode you have to open Mozilla Firefox browser and after that you need to click on the Firefox button. Now click on Help option and then select “Restart with Add-ons Disabled”. Now Firefox safe mode window appear or you can click on start menu and then select all programs and then click on Mozilla Firefox and choose Mozilla Firefox (Safe mode). In Firefox safe mode dialogue box you have to select Continue In Safe Mode option. After starting the Firefox with safe mode you have to check whether same problem occurs or not?

Well I have started Mozilla Firefox in safe mode by doing above steps but after starting Mozilla Firefox in safe mode also I was having same problem. I have also cleared the cache and cookies from the Mozilla Firefox but that does not helped me at all. I am using default theme in Mozilla Firefox browser. Now please tell me how to get rid of this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

rajni Guest

This problem normally occurs if database (places.sqlite file) is damaged and that is why I will suggest you to first delete the places.sqlite file from Mozilla Firefox profile folder and then you have to restart Mozilla Firefox browser which will rebuild places.sqlite file and then your problem will get solved. To delete places.sqlite file you have to click on start menu and then type %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles in search box. After typing %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles you have to press enter and then look for the places.sqlite file and delete it. After deleting that start Mozilla Firefox browse again and then you have to see what the result is.

If that does not make any difference then you should open Mozilla Firefox profile folder again and then delete places.sqlite-journal and places.sqlite.corrupt file also and then start Mozilla Firefox browser again and then check whether bookmarks related problem get solved or not? I hope with the help of this steps your problem will get solved.

You should try this steps it to fix this problem.
    • First open Mozilla Firefox browser and then open Bookmarks window.
    • After doing that you have to select Import and Backup option.
    • Click on backup there.
    • Now delete all the book marks and restart Mozilla Firefox.
    • After restarting the Mozilla Firefox you have to take open book marks window again.
    • Click on Import and Backup and select restore option.
    • Select restore file and then check whether your problem occurred or not?

I am suggesting you this solution because many times deleting bookmarks and restoring it can solve this type of problems.

I will suggest you to try to solve this problem with the help of Places Maintenance add-on. This add-on will allow you to rebuild the database without having to lose your history. You should download Places Maintenance add-on from the official site of the Mozilla Firefox and selecting Add-ons option or you can download it by clicking here DOWNLOAD. After downloading and installing Places Maintenance add-on you have to repair database and then your problem get resolved. I was also facing same problem with the bookmarks in Mozilla Firefox and then I have first tried to solve this problem by clearing cache and cookies and starting the Mozilla Firefox browser in safe mode but that idea didn’t worked for me. Now after that I have take backup of all the bookmarks from and restarted the Firefox and then I have restored the bookmarks. After restoring the bookmarks also I was having same problem with it. After searching solution over internet I have come to know about Places Maintenance add-on and then I have installed it in Mozilla Firefox browser and then I have repaired database and my problem get solved.

If you get same problem with Mozilla Firefox even after trying above solution then you should go to control panel and then click on uninstall programs from there. Now after that you have to look for Mozilla Firefox and then click on uninstall option. After uninstalling Mozilla Firefox you have to restart your computer and then you have to delete all the temporary files and then install Mozilla Firefox again and then check whether you can open bookmarks properly or not? in many cases reinstalling Firefox can solve the problem.

yeah but its working fine on my windows home premium 64 bit, since its automatically upgraded to 12 , Guys are right , goto help and then chosse an option that is restart with add-on disable .