Thread: Getting an error message while trying to open a new window in Firefox 3.6.28.

Getting an error message while trying to open a new window in Firefox 3.6.28.

I have recently updated my browser to Firefox 3.6.28 on my Macbook Pro. I am using OS 10.4.11.1. Yesterday I was shocked to see that I was not able to open a new window on my browser. Every time I opened a new window in Firefox it returned the following error
    "Not Found the requested URL /en-US/firefox was not found on this server."
    But other websites like Google, CNN.com work just fine. I won’t be able to update my OS as it would be costly for me and it will also involve up gradation of RAM. So I don’t think that I’ll be able to do that. So suggest me what I can do with my existing system.

Re: Getting an error message while trying to open a new window in Firefox 3.6.28.

Most of the times this error is caused due to the cookies so what you can do is delete the cookies most of the time our browser saves many unwanted cookies which gives rise to such errors. So you can simply get rid of this error by deleting the Cookies.
    For clearing the cookies you can follow these simple steps.
    Go to ->Tools->Options->Privacy->”Clear your Recent History”->Select “Everything” from the Dropdown ->now Click ”Clear Now”.
    This will help you delete you are cookies if it doesn’t then you can follow these steps:
    Go to->Tools->Options->Advanced->”Network” Tab->Click “Settings” Button->Select “No Proxy” and hit “OK”.
    Restart Firefox hope that works for you.

Re: Getting an error message while trying to open a new window in Firefox 3.6.28.

I was facing a similar issue in my Macbook Pro. Even I was very much confused and was not knowing what to do so I took some help with Google and find out sometimes due to access cache this error might occur what you can do is simply get rid of the access cache. You don’t need any software or application to do that you can do that manually on your own the following simple steps will help you to delete your cache.

1) Click on “Tools” from the menu bar of your browser.
    2) Click on “Options” from the listed Menus
    3) Click on “Advanced”
    4) Go to the “Network” tab.
    5) Search for the option “Offline Storage”
    6) Now Click on “Clear Now”
    This will help to delete all the cache memory of your browser and hope it helps you solve your problem.

I have seen this occur, due to some other reasons also which have no context with the above mentioned solutions. I am using Firefox on my Apple Macbook Air and even I was facing a same problem which you are facing right now. I have seen a pretty unusual behavior of Firefox which I would like to share with you. Before that I want you to check that does the same problem occur if you start Firefox using Firefox Safe Mode shortcut in your Program Menu;
    Go to Programs->Mozilla Firefox-> Mozilla Firefox(Safe mode)
    If still the problem exists then you’ll have to create a new Firefox Profile with a unique name and see it the problem still exists.
    Close Firefox and all tasks of any Firefox processes and check if it is still running via alt+ctrl+del .
    If the process exists then kill that process as “Ghost or Zombie” Firefox is running on your system. Now locate you profile folder and take a backup of your profile. After doing this make a New Profile and check if the problem still exists.