Thread: Hotmail Stopped working in Firefox 12

Hotmail Stopped working in Firefox 12

One day ago my Firefox has been updated to version 12. Everything is working fine with this new browser except the Hotmail. Whenever I try to login on Hotmail I am getting some kind of error and it happens even with all add-on disabled. The error message saying that Windows Live Network is unavailable from this site due to following reasons:
    This site may be experiencing a problem
    The site may not be a member of the Windows Live Network
    After this it is telling that try to login or sign up using other site for Windows Live Network, or try again later. Has anyone else seen this error message?

Re: Hotmail Stopped working in Firefox 12

In Firefox go to privacy settings and delete the private data there. Before you put firmly on the local settings that you want to delete everything. It means that you have to clear all the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems. In order to clear the Cache", go to: Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now". Same way to “Remove Cookies", Go to: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies". On the other hand I have also heard that the Hotmail is rolling out a server change at their end and I think that due to this you are having problem for now but I hope that it will be fixed very soon. Mozilla might have spoken to them to fix it. If I get any updates, I will let you know.

If you have problems with Firefox, do the following described proceeding sequentially, one at a time until you find the solution.
    • Many problems loading pages can be solved by deleting cookies and cache. Click on the Tools menu and select Clear Private Data ... to prompt the elimination of personal data. Select the items described below, and press the Delete Private Data Now.
    • Sometimes add-ons is also the culprit. You should verify this by launching the Firefox in safe mode: If the problem does not occur in safe mode, this means that the cause of the error is probably an extension or theme. For more information on diagnosing problems caused by extensions and themes, refer to page Troubleshooting extensions and themes.
    • Reset your preferences. If the problem does not occur in safe mode but not fixed by disabling add-ons, you may need to undo the changes made to the default configuration of Firefox
    • Sometimes problems can be caused by one or more plug-ins installed (such as Adobe Reader, Flash, Java, QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player).
    • If none of the operations described above is successful, continue with the instructions below. Then you have to create a new account or profile and try again.

A corrupt profile can cause various problems with Firefox. It is therefore recommended the creation of a new test profile to see if the problem is resolved in this way. If so, you can copy the new profile data (bookmarks, saved passwords, Etc..).
    • Start the Profile Manager
    • Create a new profile.
    • From the Profile Manager, select the newly created profile and click Start Firefox.

Check if the problem exists with the new profile. Otherwise, you can copy the new profile personal data - refer to the instructions in Recover data from an old profile. For resolving the problem, you should download only the files corresponding to your bookmarks and saved passwords. Some Firefox issues can be resolved by downloading the installer again from Mozilla and do a fresh install after you close the program and deleted the installation folder (program files).

Some Internet security programs (like antivirus, antispyware and firewall) may interact abnormally with Firefox, for example by preventing the opening web pages, causing sudden crashes, etc.. If you are using a firewall or other security programs, you should verify that Firefox application is not prevented from accessing the network. Most often the problem is solved by going to the options of the program, removing Firefox from the list of allowed programs, and ensuring that the program individuals Firefox again. It is advisable to perform this procedure even if the safety program has never had problems in the past. If the program is listed in the article on the Firewall, you can get specific instructions on how to reconfigure it. Virus and Spyware Periodically it is necessary to scan your system for viruses, spyware and other malicious programs (malware).