Thread: How to extract messages in Microsoft Exchange 2007 using keywords

How to extract messages in Microsoft Exchange 2007 using keywords

I have followed a article naming “Exchange Server 2007 Cross Mailbox Search using Export-mailbox” which you can Google out and I am running in to some issues, below is my input
    get-mailbox | export-mailbox -subjectkeywords "my words" -targetmailbox administrator -targetfolder 'mydata'
    But then I am getting this error 'failed to copy messages to the destination mailbox store with error: MAPI or an unspecified service provider.' Is there anyone who can help me out with this, I don’t think that I have missed out anything but then I am not able sure what is wrong, any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: How to extract messages in Microsoft Exchange 2007 using keywords

In that case I will like to inform you that you will have to specify a source and target mailbox if not that then you will have to specify the path to the PST
    • Export-Mailbox -Identity <MailboxIdParameter> -TargetMailbox <MailboxIdParameter> -TargetFolder <Folder_Name>
    • Export-Mailbox -Identity <MailboxIdParameter> -PSTFolderPath <Path_Of_PST_Folder>\<File_Name>.pst

If you want to get more information about the same then just google out “How to Export Mailbox Data” for the same
    You can also check out some of the 3rd party products like DigiScope, just check out the same and see if they are helping.

Hey thanks for the same I will check them out but then I also wanted to know that the mailbox Id Parameter that I have got for the identification are from the below ones:
    • Alias
    • Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) address
    • Display name

But then I am getting an error saying that the “object cannot be found on the domain controller” by now I have tried out using different mailboxes with Alias, SMTP as well as the name for the display but the I am still getting the same error message, even if Ignore the Identity error report I am having a script for identifying source and destination but then I am also getting “MAPI Error unable to copy/move messages” I am having all the Exchange rights as I have logged in as Domain Administrator, I am really running out of ideas, so any further suggestion for the same will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think that I can help you out here, so if anyone else is having the same issue then they can follow the solution that I have tried, I just wanted to share that even though the Domain Administrator is a member in all the Exchange Groups the local admin on the Server still requires the fullaccess permission on the mailbox for the exporting process, so just run the below command and then the exporting will be successful.
    Add-MailboxPermission -Identity "enter your source mailbox" -User "enter the user that needs the permission in my case - administrator" -AccessRights FullAccess
    Just try it out and then let me know if the issue is getting solved or not, if you have any further queries then feel free to ask.