Thread: Need help in installing Firefox 12 without maintenance service

Need help in installing Firefox 12 without maintenance service

I want to install Firefox 12 but then without maintenance service, many of you might be aware that when we run /S with Firefox 12.0 then by default even the maintenance service gets installed, I am not very sure if it is possible to install Firefox without maintenance service but then I will like to know if there is a way to do the same, I have asked the same in other forums and people have suggested me to install the Firefox and then uninstall the maintenance service later but then I am willing to install it without it rather than uninstalling it later, so is there anyone who can help me out with this??

Re: Need help in installing Firefox 12 without maintenance service

As far as I know it is not possible to install Firefox without maintenance service but then if you want then you can disable the same by following the below method:
    • First click on the Firefox button which will be at the top of the Firefox window and then click on the Options and then on Advanced panel and the click on Update tab, after that you will get the update options.
    • So now just uncheck the box aside to the “Use a background service to install updates.” And then click on OK and then close the Options window and you are done.
    • If you want then you can also try out uninstalling the Mozilla Maintenance Service from the control panel.

I really don’t think that there is a workaround by which you can install Firefox without maintenance service.