Thread: Firefox 12 crashes while browsing after few hours

Firefox 12 crashes while browsing after few hours

Hi guys, I always use Mozilla Firefox for surfing the internet. When I was surfing the internet the browser automatically crashed after two or three hours. I thought that it might be a small problem and i restart the browser but it crashed once again after few hours. It happens every time I use Firefox. Any suggestions that how do I solve my problem?

Re: Firefox 12 crashes while browsing after few hours

See that you have the latest version of the firefox. If not than update it to the latest version available for it. You might be facing this problem due to old version of the firefox. Update the browser time to time. Enable the automatic update feature so that you may have no problem in getting it done manually. To check the updates are whether available or not go to help option in that select about firefox. This will tell you whether the update is available for the browser or not.

rajni Guest

I think that the problem is caused due to virus. There are number of viruses which crash firefox. Viruses get downloaded to your PC when you visit certain websites or download some content or data. Virus are linked with the content or the data which you downloaded and when the data or the content is run or opened in the system then the virus infects the files of the system and which can be responsible for the crash of the firefox. Make sure that the antivirus you are using is updated. Use better antivirus programs which have more internet security features in it, so that you can have a safe computer and browsing. If the virus has infected most of the files of the browser. Then you have re-install the browser.

Check that the plug in, add on and extensions installed are updated. If they are not updated then problem might be caught with them. Always keep your plug in, add on and extensions updated. Check whether the drivers in your system are updated. Especially check graphics drivers. When the crash happens during printing check for the printer drivers are latest version or the previous version by visiting their website. Also check the firefox in the safe mode. In safe mode the browser works without add on, plug in and extension. If the crash doesn’t happen in the safe mode then find the plug in or add on or the extension in which is creating the problem and delete it afterwards the browser won’t crash again.

There are many other browsers available which can be used instead of Firefox. You can use Google Chrome, Safari, Opera and so on. These browsers have the feature more or less same like Mozilla. You can download any of the browsers and install it. Check that the browser you installed is working properly. If working properly then you can uninstall the Mozilla firefox and download the latest version of it and install it once again in your system.