Thread: Is there any way to track message?

Is there any way to track message?

Hi! I own an advertising firm and I am a firm believer of the policy that in this age of competition, it is no more an era of customer satisfaction but an era of customer delight. As a result of which I always believe in going a step ahead and helping them out and serving them. I at times, do provide solutions which are in no way related to my service but as I said, this is for the sake of Customer Delight that I aim to deliver

Anyways, getting to what I have opened this thread for, I have his client of mine who have been trying to send me an email since quite a few days but thanks to some error message that he is getting, he is not able to send it and at times even if it shows sent, it neither goes to the sent item folder, nor does it get delivered to me or any one he sends. Now, I claimed to solve this issue and tried a couple of troubleshooting methods that I am aware of, but to my embarrassment it did not work only. Now, I was wondering where the issue exactly is, so I wanted to know if there exists any tracking tool that my client can use at his end from the outlook account that he has configured in his system and give me the exact path which the message travels in order to reach me. That is the server hops that it goes through. I would like to run it via outlook.

Right now, my concern is to simply understand where is the message stuck and on a later stage I will diagnose its cause.

Re: Is there any way to track message?

Your attitude of client servicing is simply excellent and you are doing a commendable job by providing solutions that they are looking out for. This is always an ideal way to treat your client. As far as your question goes, we will need to know what the error message is, maybe someone out here can help you with that too. I understand your thirst to solve it by yourself but I was just suggesting you can take your call. However, since you only want to know about the message tracking tool, I would like to know about your Mail Server. What is it? Is it exchange or is it lotus?

It is not about just thirst but currently it has become a challenge for me to crack the issue. I am not willing to take any assistance in that process. But the only thing that I need from you is about the tracking tool. Again, I don’t consider this as an assistance, this is just helping me find something that I am unable to. By the way, trying to answer the question that you put forward to, I am not sure if this answer makes any sense in the process of suggesting a tracking tool. Anyways, not trying to be ungrateful and respecting your attempt to help me, I am answering this to you. The email server in question is Exchange and the Client is Microsoft Outlook. And yeah, just for your updation sake, the client doesn’t even receive any undelivered message now. There is no error message also, which makes me more curious and my desperation to fetch the tracking tool has simply shooted up. I have simply become more eager and looking forward for an answer.

Ok1 I get you then, I think you should be selecting and activating the request a deliver receipt in order to get any undelivered or delivered messages report. This is very important to track if your email client is sending messages in the order and way that it should ideally do. Whenever you send a message in outlook simply do that by following the below given path which will activate the deliver reports.
    - In order to activate delivery reports which notifies the delivery of a message, simply go to New Email
    - Then, you can go to the sub menu under the 'New Email' which reads 'Options' and look for the options available
    - There you will come across a number of options one of which will be 'Request a delivery receipt for the message'
    - To activate it, Click on the checkbox next to the option you just spotted. After that try sending an email, you will get reports

I have done that and I was always aware of these steps. I told none of these form even a part of the aim behind my decision to post this thread. I want to know about message tracking tools. If there are inbuilt ones then I wish to know how do we activate it. That is such a simple and basic question to answer. It did not require a multiple post discussion, just a yes or no with the activation solution would have helped. Don’t you think?

Ok! I came across this thread a bit late and the discussion was on! I did not want to interrupt and wanted to see where is it taken. I don’t mean to offend anyone but I knew this is not going to provide you any great solution. I’ll tell you how to activate the inbuilt tracking system in Outlook
    1. Open your outlook and spot the menu which reads Tools on it.
    2. Find the submenu which reads options.
    3. You will find the option email out there, under that go to the ‘email options’ item
    4. There you will come across a tab which reads ‘Message Handling’.
    5. Under that, click on the menu item which reads ‘Tracking Options’
    6. You then need to select the ‘Read Receipt’ or the ‘Delivery Receipt’ checkbox